14 YouTube Makeup Tutorials Inspired by Your Fave TV Characters
What exactly do Daenerys Targaryen and Olivia Pope have in common? Well, other than being strong and fantastic female television characters, they also have some enviable makeup skills. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite television characters’ makeup and the fabulous tutorials to help us recreate them.
1. New Girl‘s Jess Day: Jess Day always looks adorable (or “adorkable,” according to FOX), and we absolutely love her eye-heavy makeup look accompanied by various shades of pink lipstick. (via Melanie Murphy)
2. Parks and Recreation‘s April Ludgate: April Ludgate might be best known for being the queen of sarcasm, but we always adored her warm smokey eye makeup. This is the ideal neutral smokey eye for daytime makeup. (via Mariaagloriaa_)
3. Scandal‘s Olivia Pope: Olivia Pope always looks stunning, so we’ll take any tips we can on how to achieve her gorgeous makeup. With dark dramatic eyeliner and warm cheeks, this is a made-up look we can get behind. (via Pretty Beautiful Things)
4. Orange is the New Black‘s Alex Vause: She might be in prison, but Alex Vause’s makeup always seems to be on point. This inspired look recreates her signature dramatic cat eye in a really unique way. (via Soothing Sista)
5. Once Upon a Time‘s Belle: We can’t remember the last time we watched Once Upon a Time without having serious makeup envy whenever Emilie de Ravin popped up on our screens. Luckily for us, there’s a tutorial on how to achieve those beautiful lashes and perfectly colored pout. (via Roseybelle)
6. The Mindy Project‘s Mindy Lahiri: We might not be able to steal the beautiful Danny Castellano from Mindy, but we can take some tips on how to get her put-together look thanks to the this step-by-step tutorial. (via BBzCoilyWool)
8. Outlander‘s Claire Fraser: Another pared-down look, this Clare Fraser-inspired makeup keeps things neutral with only a pop of color on the lips and cheeks. It’s an easy look for any makeup minimalist out there. (via MakeupAndBeautyByAmy)
9. The Vampire Diaries‘ Bonnie Bennett: Want to bring a little more drama to your routine? This shadow-heavy makeup is inspired by The Vampire Diaries‘ Bonnie Bennett and features a truly stunning smokey eye. (via Stephanie Nicole)
10. Orange Is the New Black‘s Stella Carlin: Who didn’t go crazy over the stunning Ruby Rose’s appearance in Orange Is the New Black? YouTuber Laura Jane Style shows us how to recreate her incredibly sultry makeup. (via Laura Jane Style)
11. Game of Thrones‘ Daenerys Targaryen: When Carli Babel finished her makeup, we had to check twice that we weren’t actually looking at an image of Emilia Clarke as Daenerys. Her recreation of the Queen of Dragons is divine, and is giving us some inspiration for a beautiful end-of-summer look. (via Carli Bybel)
12. Skins‘ Effy Stonem: No one rocks the grunge-y makeup look quite like Effy Stonem, and we love this video on how to achieve her signature dark, smokey eyes. You don’t have to be an angsty teenager to recreate this unique look. (via Roxxsaurus)
13. How to Get Away With Murder‘s Annalise Keating: We’re counting down the minutes until How to Get Away With Murder is back on our screens. So in the meantime, we’re adoring this video inspired by Annalise Keating’s beautiful look. (via Dark-Skinned Divas)
14. Girls‘ Jessa Johansson: Jessa Johansson might be a bit of a polarizing character, but her neutral and bohemian-inspired look is one we definitely love. Luckily for us, this tutorial makes it easy to recreate. (via Tink Jayne)
What’s your favorite TV character-inspired makeup? Send us links or let us know in the comments below!