Between working on your fitness, organizing your home, focusing on healthy eating and resolving to meet whatever resolutions you’ve set for the new year, don’t forget about your hair. If you want to be front and forward when it comes to your ‘do, then it’s out with the old and in with the new. We’re calling it now: Serious length is in, gals. Scroll on for our forecast of 2015’s must-have hair styles.
2. Braids and Twists: If you’ve been eyeing our tutorials and have finally mastered the fishtail braid, you are in luck. Braids and twists have winded their way into this year’s biggest style trends. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
3. The ’40s Quiff: Gelled and sleek, this old-time look is taking on a whole new vibe as one of today’s fashion-forward styles. (Photo via Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
4. Slick and Shiny: Slick down those roots, ’cause the “wet” look is in. Just play it like you’ve stepped out of the salty sea. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. Air-Dried Texture: If you think blow-outs are blah, put down that hair dryer and embrace this trend that will quickly become your new BFF: textured hair that appears air dried. (Photo via John Parra/Getty)
6. Center Partings: The ’90s strike again, as the middle-part is now more chic than ever. (Photo via Stefania D’Alessandro/Getty)
7. Natural Curls: Girls, if you’ve got ’em, flaunt ’em. It’s time to embrace and show off those curls, ringlets and natural texture. (Photo via Joe Kohen/Getty)
8. Peek-a-boo Punk: Mix up your everyday look with a hint of edge, like messy micro-braids or ends that are highlighted in colorful shades. Pigmented brows will totally set this look off. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
10. Turtleneck Tuck: No, it’s not really a bob, it’s the tuck. It’s hip to take the ends of long hair and tuck them away into the collars of jackets or coats. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
11. Modern Beehive: Channel your inner Barbie and give your locks a good tease with this iconic ’60s style. (Photo via Pier Marco Tacca/Getty)
Are there any must-have styles on your forecast that we should try? Show us some pics in the comments below.