14 Wet Hairstyles for Busy Mornings
We’ve all experienced that Monday morning. Your alarm doesn’t go off, the coffee machine malfunctions and you run out of your favorite blush, leaving you tired, un-caffeinated and unnaturally pale. Things just get that much worse when you realize you have absolutely no time to blow out your wet hair that’s dripping all over the place. Never fear, we’ve found 14 fabulous hairstyles that you can do in a jiffy that might change your luck on that fateful Monday. They are so chic, no one at the office will even notice that your socks don’t quite match.
1. Beachy Braided Bun: The dog days of summer are upon us. Extend them with this quick braided bun! This hairstyle looks super fabulous on second day hair, too. Or fourth, we won’t judge. (via Refinery 29)
2. Wet Crown Braid: Perfect for a summer wedding, this hairstyle will make you look like you spent loads of time on your hair. Plus, when you take out your braid, you will be left with luscious waves. Score! (via Brit + Co)
5. Triple Bun Twists: It’s okay, we miss Sochi as much as you do. Channel your inner ice skater with this super simple twisted updo. This hairstyle looks incredible if you have highlights because they give you amazing dimension. (via Hair Romance)
7. Curly Pixie: If you have shorter, curlier hair like model Eva Pigford, hair gel is your new best friend. A dollop can transform your wet strands into a structured masterpiece. (via Hairstyles Weekly)
8. Put a Band on it: This one’s so easy, you could do it in a second! Just slide a skinny metallic hairband or hair clip to keep your look fresh and sexy at the same time. And if your hair doesn’t dry straight, well, there’s always hairspray. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
11. Ladylike Laziness: How amazing does Cara Delevingne look in this Victorian inspired ‘do? The stylist simply smoothed gel into hair for a glossy, wet texture, then made a deep side part. After sectioning off her hair just before the ear, he sculpted the front portion into a finger wave that added a ladylike element to the look. (via Allure)
13. No Frizz Towel Dry: Lauren Conrad, our favorite bride-to-be, shared her favorite tip that you can totally steal for any hurried weekday. Instead of drying your hair with a towel, try a soft 100% cotton t-shirt! You can minimize frizz and maximize breakfast time. (via Refinery29)
How do you deal with soaking wet morning hair? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)