Remember when bright colors, big hair and neon manicures were all the rage? We do! The ’80s were the perfect time for feeling misunderstood and acting out in a fit of fashion angst with as much color and lace as possible. Just ask Pat Benatar or Cyndi Lauper. It’s where we learned the importance of leopard print and pink hair. So why wouldn’t we want to bring back the looks that gave us all that is sass? Here are 15 of our favorite old school trends from one of our favorite decades, the ’80s!
1. Neon Heels: There’s nothing better than getting all prim and proper and then breaking the rules with a pair of larger than life neon heels. Look out. These shoes were made for walking. And you can get your own pair for under $50. (via Atlantic Pacific)
9. Big Hair: Ringlets, perms, soft curls, tease — call it what you will, big hair is an absolute must when it comes to the ’80s. Step aside subtlety, there’s only room in here for one of us. (via Daily Makeover)
10. Cosby Sweater ($123): Looks like you ransacked your dad’s closet on the perfect day and found that ideal space between tomboy meets ladies who love color. (Ahem, that’s us).
11. Last Friday Night: Bright colors, big earrings, spandex and the makeup and bracelets to match — clearly Katy Perry nailed it. Lucky for us, this tutorial shows us how to perfect the look. (via Urban Elfe)
12. Long Leg Warmer ($18): Where would we be without legwarmers? We’re pretty certain this style never actually went anywhere thanks to American Apparel.
13. Fashion Trends We Can All Thank Madonna For: Really though, did fashion even exist before Madonna? Wayfarers, lace, crop tops, bangles — she’s taught us everything we know, period. (via Glam Radar)
What’s your favorite ’80s beauty trend? Share with us below!