12 Light + Refreshing Agua Fresca Recipes
Agua fresca, which is Spanish for “fresh water,” is a combination of fruit, flowers, herbs or seeds, sweetened and blended with water to create a refreshing beverage. It’s kind of like lemonade, but significantly sexier. So go ahead, fish around your fruit bowl and blend up an agua fresca of your own! Here are 12 fresh and fruity recipes to get you on your way to fresca fabulousness.
2. Watermelon Lime: Watermelon is the perfect base because it’s sweet and also has a super high water content. Liven it up with a squeeze of lime and you’ve got yourself a perfect pick-me-up! (via Lauren Conrad)
5. Blueberry Mint: Fit for a queen, this recipe features summer berries and fresh mint — with optional edible flowers. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
7. Vanilla Nectarine: Why wrap summer’s freshest produce in a pie crust when you can enjoy it in a glass? This fresh nectarine agua fresca adds a splash of vanilla for an indulgent taste with no guilt! (via The Kitchn)
8. Agua Fresca Popsicles: The only thing more delightful than sipping an agua fresca is enjoying it as a light and summery popsicle! Try these variations with watermelon and cantaloupe for a fast and easy frozen fix. (via Little Inspiration)
12. Watermelon Agua Fresca Mimosa: This recipe guru did what we were all thinking all along… she spiked her fresca with some champagne to make it a mimosa! Genius.
Thirsty yet? Try out these combinations, or mix up your own, and let us know what you think in the comments below.