With no-makeup makeup officially a thing, you want to find products that provide minimal coverage and let your natural beauty shine through. Tinted moisturizers are the answer, hitting the sweet spot between sheer and just enough pigment. Part skincare, part cosmetics, they allow for buildable coverage that never looks caked-on. Plus, our favorite hydrators serve multiple functions — nourishing, brightening, and protecting skin, with anti-aging benefits to boot. No matter your skin type or tone, these 15 tinted moisturizers can be the foundation of your beauty routine. Choose wisely and dare to go bare as you hop on board the nude beauty trend.
1. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 ($28): Soothing oatmeal, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E soothe skin for up to 12 hours. As always, FAB is a trusted go-to for babes with sensitive skin.
2. Bodyography Tinted Moisturizer Sun Defense ($33): Beauty lovers consistently score the gluten-free, mineral-based formula as second-to-none. It also comes with its own brush for convenient application.
3. Lancer Skincare Dani Glowing Skin Perfector ($95): Created by celeb-fave dermatologist Harold Lancer, this tinted hydrator imparts luminescence to your skin thanks to its built-in mineral highlighters. It boasts anti-aging, skin-perfecting properties as a bonus.
4. Grown Alchemist Tinted Hydra-Repair Day Cream ($49): Grown Alchemist’s light coverage is universally flattering for all skin tones. Plus, it contains a number of botanicals and oils to provide your skin with nature’s best nourishers.
5. Beauty by PopSugar Just Enough Tinted Moisturizer ($35): ICYMI, this new launch is all kinds of buzzy — and for good reason. It’s perf for creating a no-makeup makeup look and gives off the subtlest glow, simultaneously protecting your skin from the sun with SPF 15.
6. Jane Iredale Dream Tint SPF 15 Moisture Tint ($41): This formula provides your complexion with sheer-to-medium coverage and a soft blurring effect, while its hydrating ingredients like algae flood your skin with youth-preserving moisture. And did we mention it’s waterproof?
7. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream ($30): We’re gaga over this multi-tasker’s unique gel formula. Like a tinted moisturizer, BB cream, and CC cream all in one, this is the answer for desert-dry skin.
8. Black Up Matifying Tinted Moisturizer ($40): Meet the luxury Parisian line that was formulated especially for ladies with darker skin tones. The moisturizer provides light-to-medium coverage and leaves skin with a matte finish.
9. BeautyCounter Dew Skin SPF 20 ($45): Translucent coverage, a dewy finish, and skin-brightening ingredients all make this Goop-approved tint a favorite. Tip: When in doubt, pick up shade #2 — it works on almost every complexion.
10. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Tint Foundation Moisturizer ($29): This medium-coverage, green beauty buy is totally non-toxic. Its broad-spectrum UV-coverage makes it yet another winner from a fave drugstore brand.
11. Eminence Tinted Moisturizer SPF 25 ($43): We’ve got heart eyes for this organic concoction. The high-end formula won’t clog pores, contains ultra healing ingredients, and provides top-notch coverage as it pampers your skin.
12. Pixi by Petra H20 Skin Tint ($24): We’re absolutely hooked on this drugstore serum-meets-gel texture and antioxidant-rich ingredient list.
13. True Botanicals Everyday Sheer Coverage SPF 20 ($40): Non-nano zinc oxide blocks out UV-rays, while the sheer formulation allows for optimal layering in this green-friendly find.
14. The Balm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 ($25): Suffice it to say that this five-star skin savior is the balm-dot-com. Pun intended.
15. EltaMD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 ($27): Behold the very best pick for acne-prone skin. It comes highly recommended by Pure Dermatology’s Dr. Neda Mehr for patients fearing breakouts or those with sensitive skin.
What are your favorite tinted moisturizers? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.