Maybe Mom was wrong — it is okay to eat with your hands! There’s something incredibly satisfying about a hands-on meal, and, even better, there are less dishes to clean afterwards (total score!). We don’t think finger foods should be limited to dinner parties or game night, so we’ve dug up some recipes for bite-size munchies that are perfect to kickstart your day. These frugal finger foods are flavorful, easy to fix, they freeze well and they’re fun! Now you have no excuse to eat boring bagels ever again.
1. Salsa Egg Bites: How would you like your eggs? We’ll take ours in muffin form… you know, for on-the-go munching on those mornings when a few extra minutes in bed are more important than lingering over the breakfast table. (via Three in Three)
2. Fried Chicken and Waffles: A quintessential Southern duo makes a comeback in bite-size form. Skewered with a toothpick, these chicken waffles snackers are extra irresistible. (via Cook Like a Champion)
4. Potato Latkes: Cake for breakfast? We’re game. Sausage cakes, angel food cake — ooh, don’t forget potato cakes! These spicy potato latkes are crisp and fabulous with a dollop of sour cream. (via A Spicy Perspective)
5. Mediterranean Frittata Muffins: If eggs are one of the few food items in your house right now, there’s this recipe. Swap out the add-ins for whatever veggies you happen to have on hand or leave them out entirely. You can thank us later! (via Allspice and Nutmeg)
6. Squash and Parmesan Crustless Mini Quiches: You can mix up a quiche with a few eggs and almost anything from your refrigerator. These reheat beautifully, too, so pop the leftovers in the freezer for some quick meals the rest of the week. (via Simple Bites)
9. Fried Egg-and-Bacon Puff Pastry Squares: These fancy food squares will be a smashing hit at any brunch party. Mix up a batch ahead of time and simply re-crisp them in the oven just before serving. (via Martha Stewart)
11. Turkey Bacon Avocado Bites: Avocado is a fruit we’ll eat anytime, anywhere (yes, avocado is a fruit). And since anything wrapped in bacon catches our eye, we were all on board with these bites. (via Sweet Treats and More)
12. Strawberry Brie Waffle Bites: If you’re awesome, you’ll fix up a plate of these for your co-workers. And if you’re like us, you’ll consume them all during your morning commute. Oopsies. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
15. Steak and Egg Breakfast Bruschetta: Forget instant oatmeal. Breakfast is served, and we’re talkin’ some hot and sizzlin’ steak. Make this breakfast bruschetta when you want to get your day off to a really awesome start. (via Baker by Nature)
17. Mini Whole Wheat Cinnamon French Toast Waffle Dunkers: There are ways to make your day a guaranteed success, and one of them is by making yourself these Cinnamon French Toast Waffle Dunkers. Get yo-self a big ol’ dish of syrup and let the dunking begin. Hey, they’re whole wheat, so totally healthy! (via Half Baked Harvest)
19. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Mini Donuts: Our day is happier when we have something happy to look forward to… which is why we’re thinking that chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast is the most epic idea ever. (via Kevin and Amanda)
20. Cinnamon Brioche Chocolate Chip French Toast Muffins With Coconut Streusel: These little french toast hybrids are infused with chocolate chips and generously sprinkled with a sugary-sweet coconut streusel. Be warned — you’ll probably end up having these for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dessert and as a late-night snack ;) (via Half Baked Harvest)
What’s your favorite breakfast finger food? Share your faves in the comments below!