If you love cakes with a hidden surprise inside — and let’s face it, who doesn’t — cake rolls may just be your jam. While vertical layer, checkerboard, and watercolor cakes are Insta-worthy delights, they can be pretty fussy to recreate. Cake rolls, on the other hand, are nearly FAIL-proof. Just employ this quick and easy hack to turn out utterly presentable results every time. Here are 15 cake roll recipes that will be the *star* of the dessert table wherever you take them.
5. Pink Velvet Roulade: This gorgeous cake roll is filled with luscious Swiss buttercream. Click through to the fun how-to video that’s like having a friend in the kitchen, baking beside you. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
6. Lemon Meringue Pie Style Yule Log: If a lemon meringue pie and a cake had a baby, it would look like this. That sweet-tart combo is like a zingy shot — POW! — right to the taste buds. (via Del’s Cooking Twist)
7. Tiramisu Swiss Roll: In this riff on tiramisu, the layers of *lady finger* cookies you’d traditionally use have been replaced with light vanilla sponge cake, filled to bursting with sweet mascarpone cheese. (via Pepper Delight)
8. Dulce de Leche Cake Roll: If you haven’t tasted dulce de leche yet, prepare to meet your newest addiction. Translated as “candy made of milk,” the filling tastes like homemade caramel. (via Leela Licious)
12. Strawberry Shortcake Cake Roll: Bookmark this one for all your summer holiday BBQs. Add a few blueberries in this berry mix, and you’ll have the perfect patriotic-themed dessert. (via Crazy for Crust)
14. Peanut Butter Cup Cake Roll: Fans of peanut butter cups will love this chocolate sponge cake, filled with peanut-butter cream and frosted with chocolate ganache, then covered with crushed candy. (via Crazy for Crust)
If you LOVE these cake rolls, follow us on Pinterest for more dessert recipes.