The Best Celebrity Hairstyles on Instagram This Week
Remember last week, when we tried to forget the Brangelina breakup by indulging in the world of celebrity hair? Turns out, we needed it. And now, with news of the Kim Kardashian robbery, our minds are so full they’re about to explode, brimming with all the breaking news pop culture’s bringing us. Thankfully there’s Instagram to the rescue, with its massive influx of celebrity posts and selfies to help us forget our worries. So much has happened in the world of famous hair this week — here are the most notable celeb hairstyles and the most buzzed-about snaps our Instagram feeds had to offer.
1. Kendall Jenner: First things first — that’s Anwar Hadid (the soon-to-be-huge-model little bro of Gigi and Bella) you see Kendall faux-smooching! When it comes to her hair, we’re major fans of that messy low updo with perfectly imperfect tousled strands.
2. Iman Hammam: Iman Hammam is beyond glam in this long-lobbed look with perfectly styled waves. Her entire look is chic and elegant, but the hairstyle would look great with casual styles too.
3. Karlie Kloss: Karlie, oh Karlie, did you or did you not go under the scissors? Kloss definitely pulled one over on us with those unbeatable faux bangs. TBH, we’re still not 100% sure whether they’re real or not.
4. Lucy Hale: Lucy has been rockin’ some serious hair game for the past few weeks, so we’re not surprised to see she’s made it into must-have hair territory. She’s pictured here with the trendiest of styles: a soft bronde lob with eye-grazing bangs that are all the rage RN.
5. Ciara: We knew it was only a matter of time before word got out that the gorgeous singer and talented wife of QB Russell Wilson has been tearing up Hollywood with her unbeatable style. Words can’t express the perfection of her ultra-chic look and that elegant lob.
6. Kim Kardashian + Naomi Campbell: One of the perks of having impossibly long hair? Whipping it back and forth. Just ask Kim Kardashian and supermodel Naomi Campbell, who unleashed some serious star power in just one small Instagram from Paris.
7. Ruth Bell + May Bell: Two runway models that are identical twins? Imagine the odds of hitting that genetic jackpot. Here are Ruth and May Bell, siblings with identical doll-like features and two wildly different hairstyles. The shortly cropped cut contrasts with a smooth top-knotted look, creating two different effects that we love equally.
8. Zendaya: Zendaya is slaying with her braided cornrows and a look the Kardashians would totally rock. This babe pulls off the style perfectly thanks to her low back pony and some seriously enviable brows.
9. Frances BeanCobain: Meet the daughter of grunge herself, Frances Bean Cobain, owning her look in formidable ’90s style. As the daughter of music royalty (the late Kurt Cobain and Hole singer Courtney Love), she was always destined to be one of the coolest chicks around.
10. Jamie Chung: In this Insta snap, the wholesome ‘n’ lovely Jamie Chung showed off a brand new haircut and a majorly adorable pup. We love her side part and voluminous highlighted waves, but TBH we’re not surprised, because she always looks amazing.
11. Lily Collins: YAAASSS! We’ve been waiting for the moment our hair idol Lily Collins would debut her next noteworthy ‘do. This fashion chick looks practically porcelain with an ultra-curled lob and across-the-forehead bangs, paired with an end-all-be-all vampy lip.
12. Kylie Jenner: Kylie sported some serious hair extensions on Insta this week before debuting this incredible shade of pastel rose gold wonder. She’s killing us with all these quick hair changes and she’s really upping the ante in the beauty world. Does anyone else think she might be on her way to unicorn hair?
13. Lily-Rose Depp: Haute in Kylie’s footsteps is Lily Rose Depp, the 17-year-old “mini-me” daughter of Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp. She’s taking after her supermodel mom with looks that kill and a face the camera loves.
14. Elsa Hosk: Elsa was on our minds all week thanks to the gorgeous flower wreath crowning her wavy blonde hair. We love the bohemian look made even more exotic with the colorful floral arrangement.
15. Elsa Hosk: As if we weren’t obsessing enough over Elsa’s flower crown, we saw another side of her wispy blonde locks in this look of grungy disarray and a hipster-esque beanie. We’re pretty impressed with the versatile hairstyles we’ve been seeing on this natural beauty.
16. J. Lo: Leave it to Jennifer Lopez to make Kim Kardashian look modest. This diva’s reported obsession with beauty has seriously paid off, even in this silly Snapchat selfie of Hollywood’s most beloved diva.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Gwen Stefani (@gwenstefani) on
17. Gwen Stefani: Gwen Stefani might be the ultimate Hollywood “Yummy Mummy.” She’s seen here sporting a long flaxen ponytail with a slight pouf on top, having a blast in a super fun hairstyle.
18. Kim Kardashian: Last but not least is the queen of selfies herself, Kim Kardashian. She decided to go au naturale in this long hippie hairstyle and what she claims is a makeup-free look. Do we believe her? TBD.
Did you see any other unforgettable hairstyles on celebs? Let us know on Instagram with the hashtag #iamcreative!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)