Since the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) and Vogue launched the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund 12 years ago it’s been a major game changer for emerging talent in the industry. Ever year the two driving forces in fashion pick one winning designer who is granted a significant chunk of change to get their line up and running. Except this year, they didn’t pick just one, they picked three: footwear designer Aurora James, womenswear designer Jonathan Simkhai and streetwear designer Rio Uribe. Keep those names on your radar. If past winners are any indication of the fund’s success they’re about to be launched into the big leagues.
Just like the Academy Awards summons an A-list crowd, some of the biggest names and tastemakers in fashion industry show up to this event to watch history in the making. Last night attendees included fashion designer Zac Posen, professional ballerina Misty Copeland and of course, the iconic Jenna Lyons of J.Crew. Scroll on down to see what all the celebs wore to fashion’s biggest night of the season.
1. Misty Copeland: The all-star ballerina knows how to work it on and off the stage. Misty looked stunning in this paisley ZIMMERMANN dress with cut-outs in all the right places.
2. Lorde: Never one to shy away from a bold fashion choice, Lorde embraced the budding dress + pants trend. We’re getting some serious Olsen twin vibes from this one.
3. Constance Jablonski: Making a serious case for the panel dress, supermodel Constance Jablonski looked totally gorgeous in this suede, coral number.
4. Zendaya: It looks like Zendaya may have borrowed some pieces from her grandma’s wardrobe for last night’s event, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. We’re guessing the actress’ super strong ’70s vibes are something of a preview of the throwback looks we’ll be seeing this season and next.
5. Karlie Kloss: Always the classic beauty, Karlie Kloss kept it simple in this aqua and black striped number.
6. Samira Wiley: Orange Is the New Black actress Samira Wiley looks like a totally different person outside the walls of Litchfield Penitentiary. Since her debut, Wiley has kind of been killing it on the red carpet. She’s definitely on her way to becoming one of our favorite style stars.
7. Zac Posen + Demi Moore: Keeping it sweet and simple, Demi rocked a black midi while her date, fashion designer Zac Posen rocked a camel tux and a knitted tie.
8. Jenna Lyons: In classic Jenna Lyons style, the creative director of J.Crew showed up rocking her classic pantsuit combo with chic, bold accessories.
9. Imaan Hammam: The high fashion model’s striped maxi with a sky-high slit and turtleneck is just the right combination of sexy and classy.
10. Anna Wintour: She skipped the red carpet, but you can bet the Vogue‘s main dame was in attendance at last night’s event. The Magazine’s editor-in-chief stuck to her chic style in a silk dress and rich burgundy coat.
What was your favorite look from last night? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photos via Andrew Toth/Getty)