18 Adorable Christmas Cupcake Recipe Ideas That Are (Almost) Too Sweet to Eat
Christmas is right around the corner, so everyone’s ready to PAR-TAY. Whether you’ll be hosting a bash or two or attending as a guest, leave cookies and cocktails to someone else. Instead, bring out *the* sweet treat that’s guaranteed to get the most oh-em-gees: cupcakes. You can’t go wrong with cute Christmas cupcakes — especially when they feature adorable Mickey ears, sugary Frosty faces or comical Rudolph noses. Here are 18 crafty cupcakes guaranteed to make you everyone’s holiday BFF.
1. Reindeer Cupcakes: You need these in your life right now! Break them out while watching your fave Hallmark holiday romances involving cheesy mistletoe kisses, perfect snowflakes and mischievous elves, and they’ll put you in the Christmas mood. (via Your Cup of Cake)
2. Christmas Light Cupcakes: The M&M *bulbs* on these little trees have a totally 3D effect. It’s so cool, and the technique is so easy, even the littlest bakers in the house can get in on the decorating action. (via Baked Bree)
3. Mini Christmas Tree Cupcakes: These mini cupcakes are super easy and fun to make; all you need is buttercream icing, piping bags, tips and sprinkles. Add a playlist of your favorite holiday tunes in the background, and you’ll be dancing around the kitchen while they bake. (via Lydia Bakes)
4. Santa Hat Cupcakes: Here’s a festive cupcake that requires no special decorating tools. Just pipe on store-bought icing straight from the tube, then add mini marshmallows and voila! — jolly Santa hat! (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
5. Hot Cocoa Cupcakes: These hot cocoa cupcakes are cold-weather cute and full of seasonal flavor, thanks to hot cocoa mixed right in the batter. Add fresh whipped cream, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, crushed peppermint and all your fave toppings. (via Lick the Bowl Good)
6. Snowman Cupcakes: These jolly little guys are guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Keep your phone handy while you bake, because they’re guaranteed to rack up the likes. (via Little Sunny Kitchen)
7. Ultimate Chocolate Reindeer Cupcakes: These cupcakes are made from the very best chocolate batter you’ll ever taste, then topped with a giant swirl of chocolate ganache. Add a peanut-butter cup head, M&Ms nose and candy cane antlers and they’re utterly irresistible. (via Hungry Happenings)
8. Snowman Cupcakes: These little treats are *snow* good, as only cupcakes topped with donut holes can be. Both pieces are rolled in confectioner’s sugar before assembly, making this cupcake doubly sweet. (via Bakerella)
9. Adorable Rudolph the Reindeer Cupcakes: Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer… had a shiny gumball nose! Your littlest guests will be wowed to see their fave christmas animation make an appearance on your dessert table. (via Crafty Morning)
10. Christmas Tree Cupcakes: The base of this cupcake is the richest double-fudge cake batter you’ll ever taste. Prepare for the onslaught, because everyone will be asking for the recipe. (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
11. Santa Hat Cupcake With Homemade Icing: These cupcakes are easy to make but look like a million bucks. But the real star of the show is the homemade butter cream icing that melts in your mouth like the very snowflakes you’re piping on. (via Midget Momma)
12. Easy Snowman Cupcakes: These snowman are so festive, and they come together quickly using ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Be sure to finish them off with a generous avalanche of granulated sugar *snow* to make them extra-sweet. (via One Little Project)
13. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes: These chocolate cupcakes are intensely flavored with coffee and peppermint in the batter. Add a mountain of peppermint vanilla frosting and crushed candy canes and you will be in dessert heaven! (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
14. Polar Bear Paw Footprint Cupcakes: These polar bear cupcakes look just like little teddy bear paws. And the clever coconut *fur* makes them as sweet to look at as they are to eat. (via One Little Project)
15. Mickey Mouse Santa Hat Cupcakes: Hold onto your holiday Mickey Mouse ears, because everyone’s fave santa hat cupcakes just got a cartoonish twist. Your *new* favorite Christmas cupcake has just arrived! (via Two Sisters Crafting)
16. Hot Chocolate Cupcakes: Christmas season has not truly arrived until you spend a morning sipping on hot cocoa. Be sure to invite a few friends over, because treats this sweet must be shared. (via Your Cup of Cake)
18. North Pole Cupcakes: Remember when you were small and you thought the north pole really was a candy cane? That’s why everyone *hearts* cupcakes — they recapture all that’s magical about the holidays. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
If you’re enchanted with these adorable holiday cupcakes, follow us on Pinterest for more.
- 20 Boozy, Bourbon-Spiked Desserts - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Creative Candy Cane Recipes to Make All of December - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Must-Haves for Throwing an Epic Stranger Things-Themed Party ... ›
- 16 3D Christmas Tree Desserts to Make - Brit + Co ›
- These Adorable Snowmen Cupcakes Will Make You Melt - Brit + Co ›
- 19 of the Most Creative DIY Holiday Cake Toppers - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)