8 Ways to Turn Your Closet into an Office
If you're currently rocking a one-bedroom apartment or your kid needs a study space for back to "school," then you know that having extra office space can seem like a luxury. Whether you're looking for the perfect office to DIY all your projects or you need a quiet space to write, we can all agree that treating the kitchen table like our office isn't that appealing. If you're stuck wading through work space to find your dinner, it's time to get creative. We're introducing “the cloffice," a little-used closet or nook that can easily be turned into a beautifully organized office. Check out these 8 closet offices for some inspo to create your own.
1. Organization Space: Maybe all you really need is the space to get your papers organized. Put a file cabinet and some pretty boxes into a closet to give yourself easy access to organization. (via Dans le Lakehouse)
4. Storage Space: With all that vertical height, closet offices are perfect for storing any and all papers and materials. Keep yours stocked with shelves and a mini file cabinet and you’ll never be hunting for those random receipts. (via Juutaku Design)
8. Walk In Closet: If you've got a walk-in closet, then we're very jealous. Make the closet work double duty by converting it into an office that also happens to store your clothes. (via Pink Peonies)
Do you have a cloffice? We'd love to see it! Share with us @BritandCo!
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- 25 Inventive Ways to Organize Your Shoes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Upcycling Hacks to Organize Your Closet Like a Pro - Brit + Co ›
- 23 Ways to DIY Your Own Closet Without Actually Having a Closet ... ›
- A Mini Closet Makeover That's Toddler-Tested, Mother-Approved ... ›
- 11 Tricks to Make Your Closet Feel Super Luxe - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Genius Closet Storage Tips from the Top Celebrity Organizers ... ›
- 10 Essential Tips for Detoxing Your Closet - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Linen Closets to Inspire You to Organize Yours - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)