Hosting a killer Halloween party? Or just waiting at home to pass out candy to mini trick-or-treaters? Or just hiding at home eating all the candy? Whatever your plans are for inducing a sugar coma on the 31st, movies and drinks are a great combination. Especially when they are scary-cool drinks inspired by the best scary movies and TV shows. Whether you’re having your girl squad over to binge on teenage slasher comedies or you’re watching a Tim Burton classic, these 14 mouthwatering cocktails will keep the fright theme going strong.
1. The Sleepy Hollow Cocktail: A splash of absinthe and hint of smoked rosemary seem to evoke the haunted essence of the Headless Horseman, even if absinthe doesn’t really make you start hallucinating. #disappointed (via The Jewels of New York)
2. Black Widow Cocktail: This creepy ’80s movie gave us nightmares of a dark figure lurking in the shadows. Get ready to see the sweeter side of the gold-digging lady with this sweet blackberry juice and vodka cocktail. (via DIY Network)
4. Hocus Pocus Fizz Recipe: This crazy-colored drink is just the thing to complement an immortal cat, teenage drama and the evil witches of Hocus Pocus. Enjoy it non-alcoholic or add a dash of your favorite spirit. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. Zinfadel Grape Rosemary Gin Crush: When you watch Rosemary’s Baby, it’s easy to become paranoid about everything. Fortunately, the only thing you won’t be suspicious of is this mouthwatering cocktail with just a hint of rosemary. (via Bojon Gourmet)
6. Bride of Frankenstein: There is no better tribute to this unusual tale of romance than a glass of champagne. Toast to the lovely Mrs. Frankenstein (and her amazing hair) with this dark and sultry cocktail featuring blackberries and vanilla. (via Pineapples and Coconut)
7. The Red Queen: Splurge on some sorority spooks and sip on this bloody blend while trying to figure out whodunit in Scream Queens. The show is perfect for when you want to pretend to watch a slasher movie, but really all you want to do is wear hot lipstick and enjoy some Mean Girls flashbacks. (via Supergolden Bakes)
9. Infected Brain Cocktail: If you’re into the blood and gore of The Walking Dead or 28 Days Later, this bright concoction may be the best way to survive a zombie apocalypse. And thanks to tonic water, this whole drink glows in the dark, making it perfect for when the lights go out. (via Boulder Locavore)
10. Mr. Hyde Potion: First you’re hit with the dark and deadly-looking color, but then a refreshing tarragon flavor pops up out of nowhere, similar to the two personalties: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Add some dry ice to make the drink as misty and smokey as the backstreets of London where the movie takes place. (via HGTV)
11. The Weeping Woman: While Nicole Kidman ponders the haunted existence of her home in The Others, you can relish in your un-haunted home and enjoy a tasty blend of citrus and brandy. (via Muy Bueno)
12. The Raven: The secret ingredient to getting that deathly black color isn’t newt tails, but coffee liquor. Just be warned: The cola in this cocktail will probably keep you awake through every single murder that occurs in the Edgar Allen Poe-inspired thriller. (via DIY Network)
14. The Countess Cocktail: Ever since the premiere of American Horror Story, people cannot stop talking about Lady Gaga’s character, the Countess. Pay homage to her dark side with this vampire-ish drink featuring grenadine and black cherry cola. (via Perpetually Hungry)
Which is your favorite Halloween cocktail? Tell us what you’ll be drinking on the 31st in the comments below!