14 Colorful Sides for Your Next Dinner Party
Seasonal winter meals have a terrible reputation for being filled with boring beige-colored foods. Sure, they may be a treat for the taste buds and the ol’ olfactory nerves, but they offer little to spark our other senses. This collection of 14 colorful sides is here to change that. Filled with dishes that are vibrant in every way, your next feast is sure to be a totally Instagrammable affair, no filter required.
1. Rose-Colored Couscous With Beets and Walnuts: Beets transform fluffy pearls of tan couscous into a gorgeously hued side, while a lemon-herb vinaigrette infuses the dish with outstanding flavor. (via The View From Great Island)
4. Roasted Radishes: You only need three ingredients plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper to whip up these pretty-in-pink radishes. The blitz in a hot oven transforms their bitter flavor into something far sweeter. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
5. Vegetable and Cornmeal Fritters: Fritters are every bit as welcome as latkes on our dinner table. With their confetti-like appearance, these patties clearly know how to get a party started. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
6. Roasted Cauliflower With Tahini-Cilantro Vinaigrette: A chromatic trio of cauliflower comes together beautifully in this side and the creamy cilantro-vinaigrette takes it to a whole other level. (via Blissful Basil)
9. Beet Braised Lentils: Deep purple beets and black “caviar” lentils combine to form a stunning, healthy side. It takes especially well to a crumble of feta or goat cheese sprinkled over the top. (via Feasting at Home)
10. Roasted Vegetable Salad With Garlic Dressing and Toasted Pepitas: Packed with layers of flavor and texture, you’ll certainly enjoy this melange of roasted roots and greens. (via With Food and Love)
11. Wild Rice Pilaf With Squash, Cranberries and Pecans: With all of our winter faves, this pilaf makes for one crunchy, chewy and savory-sweet dish. (via Good Dinner Mom)
14. Harvey House Candied Sweet Potatoes: The contrast of crackly, caramelized sugar crust and soft coins of sweet potato underneath is a real treat. As an added bonus, it’s a terrific make-ahead option for any dinner party. (via New York Times)
How do you brighten up your dinner table? Do you go with colorful food or decor, or perhaps a combo? Share your prismatic secrets with us below!