It’s time to start thinking about putting your beloved summer zucchini to the side and embracing its winter cousin, butternut squash. Whether you like it stuffed or layered in lasagna, the recipe options are pretty limitless, especially when you’re in the mood for a perfect cozy dinner. Keep reading for 14 drool-worthy butternut squash recipes that you can easily prepare.
2. Black Bean and Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole: This fusion of lasagna and enchiladas into a classic casserole is all you need for a comforting night in. If the layers of butternut squash, beans, and tortillas don’t do you in, the thick topping of cheese will. (via Julia’s Album)
3. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup: Simply roast everything in the oven, then blitz in the blender! For an added crunch, toast the butternut squash seeds with a few spices to top your bowl off. (via Stupid Easy Paleo)
4. Butternut Squash Chili: Combine cubed butternut squash, ground turkey, and black beans with a ton of tomatoes and spices to create a healthy one-pot-wonder for the whole family. (via Chew Out Loud)
5. Butternut Squash Pasta: It’s time to dust off that spiralizer you swore you’d use every day. Butternut squash stands up really well to the technique, and it creates a beautiful pasta-like shape that goes perfectly with any sauce. (via B.Britnell)
6. Butternut Squash Quinoa Casserole: This casserole is so hearty and full of flavor, you would never know that it’s totally vegetarian. Say hello to your new Southwestern meatless Monday favorite. (via Trial and Eater)
7. Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto: The next time you decide to stay in for date night, creamy risotto has got to be on the menu. Serve it alongside a seared filet and roasted asparagus. (via Life As a Strawberry)
8. Butternut Squash Roasted Broccoli Alfredo Penne Skillet: Hiding veggies in your kids’ meals is one of the great joys of parenting. This penne may look like their favorite mac and cheese, but it’s actually a creamy Alfredo sauce made of butternut squash puree. (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
10. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash: Now that you can buy pre-cubed butternut squash right in the produce section, it’s even easier to incorporate it into your weeknight meals. Try tossing it in garlic and Parmesan before roasting for a simple side dish. (via Rasa Malaysia)
11. Garlic Butter Roasted Butternut Squash: This Hasselback-style butternut squash recipe ensures that every bite has a buttery garlic flavor. The presentation isn’t too shabby either. (via Eatwell 101)
12. Stuffed Butternut Squash: Why have your burrito in a bowl when you could have it spooned inside a squash? Fill it with rice, black beans, corn, and tomatoes, with a generous sprinkle of cheese and cilantro on top. (via Life Tastes Good)
13. Thai Butternut Squash Red Curry: Butternut squash adds just the right amount of sweetness to this otherwise spicy curry. Pair it with a spoonful of basmati rice and a garnish of peanuts, lime, and cilantro. (via Little Spice Jar)
14. Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas: Everyone loves a good quesadilla, especially when you can call it healthy. Throw in a ton of black beans, mashed butternut squash, and salsa. (via The Live-in Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more dinner recipes!