Oh La La! 20 Creative Croissant Recipes
The classic French pastry can bring to mind images of berets, bicycles and the Eiffel Tower. And if you’re ready to say, “oui” to creating your own, you just need to channel your inner Parisian baker. So grab your apron, rolling pin and a whole lotta butter, and check out these 20 creative ways to put a croissant in your day.
1. Basic French Croissant: Before you go making anything croissant related, you need a good croissant recipe. Get the basics down here before moving on to the following more experimental recipes. (via Cubes ‘n’ Juliennes)
4. Maple Bacon Cronuts: Rather than flying to New York and standing in an insanely long line and hoping to get a bite of Dominique Ansel’s famous creation, create your own. And as if the Cronut wasn’t genius enough by itself, this recipe puts bacon into the equation. We can hardly handle it. (via Life Made Sweet)
9. Apple Pecan Pie Cronuts With Apple Cider Caramel Drizzle: This recipe just screams fall. Its flavors of apple, pecan, cider and caramel will have you begging for more. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Easy Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict on Toasted Croissant: Here’s your breakfast for today. Enjoy. (via To Food With Love)
14. Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding: Here’s an easy dessert that can be thrown together in the event of unexpected guests. We promise they’ll be asking you for the recipe. (via Confessions of a Picky Eater)
18. Apricot Crescents: If you don’t have time to make croissant dough from scratch, get some puff pastry from the freezer section and wrap up some apricot filling. No one will ever know the difference. (via Devour)
What is your favorite way to eat your croissant? We want to know so give us a shout below!