If you’re looking for something a little more saucy than stir fry, but just as easy to throw together, have we got more than a few recipes for you. These 19 curries, ranging from authentic Southeast Asian dishes to fun fusions, are sure to satisfy. A well-stocked and organized spice cabinet will certainly come in handy when cooking from this collection!
2. Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup: Traditional khao soi can take hours and hours to prepare, but this recipe will have you slurping up all of the same complex, bold flavors in practically no time at all. (via Hapa Nom Nom)
4. Roasted Veggie Vindaloo With Golden Gnarly Chicken Skewers: This spread is an ideal choice when entertaining both vegetarians and omnivores. Served over rice, the hearty vindaloo is filling on its own, but having the option of adding a few chicken skewers tableside is a nice touch. (via Jamie Oliver)
5. Poh’s Malaysian Beef Rendang: Rendang is a terrific example of a dry-style curry. It takes a few hours for the beef to cook to tender perfection, but trust that the wait is more than worth it. (via Malaysia Kitchen Insiders)
7. Thai Curry Chicken Salad: The Thai-inspired curry rub applied to these chicken breasts makes them anything but boring. You’ll enjoy the bright flavor they add to each bowlful of greens, bell peppers, pineapple cubes and more. (via Eating Bird Food)
8. Winter Vegetable + Lentil Red Curry With Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (Vegan, Gluten-Free): Transforming boring winter veggies into a bodacious meal can be tricky, but this curry delivers. Big time. (via Veggie and the Beast)
9. Spinach, Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry: It’s hard to believe that this filling, flavorful curry is low-cal. Loaded with nutrient-dense lentils and sweet potatoes, you can certainly feel good about going back for seconds. (via Lavender and Lovage)
11. Chicken Vindaloo: This kicky vindaloo is perfect for folks who can handle the heat. Between the quick-to-prepare blender sauce and minimal simmering time, you’ll be dishing it up in mere minutes. (via Rhubarbarians)
13. Thai Yellow Curry With Beef and Potatoes: Every single element of this irresistible entree is made from scratch, even down to the curry paste. And guess what? It’s so worth the extra effort. (via Pinch of Yum)
14. Chicken Curry With Lemongrass and Lime: Pounding together the assorted aromatics for this sauce is a perfect way to de-stress after a rough day. And sitting down to a plate of this fragrant, Cambodian curry is just gravy. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
15. Thai Red Curry: Don’t be surprised if this quick-cooking chicken becomes a regular at the dinner table. It’s hard not to love how the luxurious coconut milk–based sauce coats each element. (via Chichilicious)
Do you enjoy making curries at home, or order them when you go out to eat? Which dishes top your list of faves? Share with us in the comments!