17 DIY Belts That Take It Up a Notch
Fall fashion is in full swing, and we’ve covered everything from scarves to boots to braids. Of course, we couldn’t pass over the essential item that holds everything together — the belt. Whether it’s used as a bold statement piece or a last finishing touch, belts are versatile and can be created at a small cost. Check out these 17 DIY belts to make this weekend.
2. Braided Belt: Talk about taking the old and turning it into the new! Cut strips out of an old t-shirt, braid them together and sew the ends shut. It’s quick, easy and can be worn around the waist or as a headband. (via Delia Creates)
3. Rope Belt: Remember those knot skills you learned in Girl Scouts? No? Well, that’s okay. This tutorial goes over all the steps. What you’re looking at is a simple climbing knot, but you can try your hand at any knot with this cute belt. (via Sincerely, Kinsey)
4. Scarf Belt: Scarves are great staples for a fall outfit, and we’ve created a unique twist to show off that waistline. Take an old belt, a silk scarf and an X-Acto knife, and what you’ve got is a new belt. (via Brit + Co)
9. Yarn-Striped Belt: Put down knitting needles. Use that yarn for a belt instead. Pick your favorite colors (we like the mint, yellow and navy shown above), place glue on the belt and string the yarn around. (via Young Bird)
11. Jeweled Belt: Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, even if they are fake little studs. Get your craft on by sticking these jewels to a sturdy piece of cloth for a shiny standout. (via Bumpkin Betty)
12. Metal Belt: Metal is such a funky and cool material to work with. This belt is a great starter for metal DIY newbies. The tutorial walks you through each step so you end up with a belt your friends will be talking about. (via A Pair & A Spare)
13. Five DIY Belts Made from D-Rings and Household Objects: Who knew loofahs and washer rings could make the cutest belts? We put our creative minds together to form belts out of yarn, silk scarves, t-shirts, loofahs and washer rings. Check them all out! (via Brit + Co)
14. Wide Leather Belt: Let this bring out the inner designer in you. Take down your waist measurements, cut out the pattern and fashion the leather together to produce this lovely belt. (via SR Trends)
Which DIY belts are your favorites? Tell us in the comments below!