Out with the old, in with the new — at least that’s what we’re saying in 2015. First up? We’re taking our coffee tables from drab to fab with some good old-fashioned DIYs. With a little paint, fabric or even tape, you can take your coffee table to the next level. Scroll through to see nine DIYs that we want to try stat.
1. Mustard Yellow: Sometimes an even layer of a punchy paint is all it takes to add a pop of color to your room. This mustard yellow is Exhibit A. (via Three on Grove)
2. Colored Legs: Not ready to commit to completecolor? Pop a little yellow on the legs, and you’re good to go. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Shabby Chic: Have your eye on a shabby chic table that’s way out of your price range? Us too. Upcycle your coffee table by adding a coat of paint and using sand paper to scruff it up a bit. (via Liz Marie)
4. Rustic on Wheels: Okay, if you’re a pro with power tools, then this DIY is totally worth the extra time it takes to make. Plus, the baskets underneath are just too cute. (via Shanty 2 Chic)
5. No-Paint Stripes: Nope, that’s not paint. Take your living room to the next level by using our fave, washi tape. (via Elise Blaha)
6. Repurposed Crates: Not only is this a totally unique way to repurpose wooden crates (um, love the succulents!), but it also doubles as great storage. It’s a win-win. (via Homevolution)
7. Bright and B+W: Mix and match bright colors with black and white to create a geometric coffee table that’s extra eye catching. (via Deco Crush)
8. Upholstered Coffee Table: Chicify your space with a tufted table. The best part? Your friends will be way impressed when you tell them you made it. (via Oh Everything Handmade)
9. Bright Wooden Boards: This DIY uses leftover wooden boards, so not only will your living room furniture be stylish, it’ll also be eco-friendly. (via Decozilla)
Are you ready to upcycle your coffee table? Talk to us in the comments below.