11 Creative DIY Ways to Organize Your Cords
Our lives revolve around technology… and then, technology manages to wrap itself around our feet… and our chair leg… and what?!… our dog?!?! It’s so frustrating to not know which cord goes where or to need one and find it wrapped in a million knots. And while we’ve found some cool pieces of organization you can buy, DIYing it is a snap with some creative tricks for cord organization. Not only will you feel more organized, but your cords will be way cuter! (Yes, dreams do come true.)
1. Arrow Organizers: How adorbs are these little arrows? With just some leather scraps and firm wire, you can make some wraps that make everything better by pointing your tidiness in the right direction. (via Monster Circus)
2. Poppy Nature Accents: Get those cords off the floor with these leaf clips. We didn’t believe it was possible, but these little clips almost make us not mind looking at a wall-creeping cord. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. DIY Owl Cord Organizer: All you need is some felt and snaps to make these adorable clips! Wouldn’t these be the perfect gifts for that person who always has knots in their earbuds? (via Punk Projects)
7. Leather Cord Roll: Think of it like a chic roll-up for all things tech! This case is perfect for traveling so you can take all your cords with you without them tangling themselves up in your bag. (via Brit + Co)
8. Toilet Roll Extension Cord Holder: Add some paint or decorative paper to a less-than-glamorous toilet paper roll, and you’ve got a cost-effective cord storage solution that’s still extremely effective and easy on the eyes. (via Apartment Therapy)
11. Leather Bows: Cute and feminine, these leather bows are easy to make. They are perfect for throwing your earbuds or phone charger into your purse. They barely take up any room and look oh-so charming. (via Monsters Circus)
What tricks do you use to keep all your cords untangled and organized? Talk to us in the comments below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.