Yes, you can have a New Year’s Eve shindig without wearing a sparkly hat or headband… but why would you want to do that? Whether you prefer to glam up the typical cone-shaped chapeau, rock a geo-fabulous headband or don a glittery tiara, you can definitely DIY your way to a fabulous party hat or headband. Start with these 23 and we’ll release you to the glitter after that.
8. A Perfect Paper Tiara: You may not have a princess crown lying around, but you almost definitely have the materials to make one yourself. Spruce it up with a little glitter glue and you’re good to go. (via HGTV)
10. Mini Hats: Some people aren’t comfortable wearing a super blinged-out hat for NYE (don’t look at us). Let those guests in on the fun with a tiny metallic topper made out of, wait for it… snow cones! (via Tikkido)
12. Daisy’s Rhinestone Headband: This Gatsby-inspired look is definitely a little time and work intensive, but the end result is a stunning band that will take you right back to the beautiful and vibrant ’20s. (via Shine Trim)
14. Confetti: Bring the confetti to the party by coating your headband with it, instead of putting it in your hair. You’ll be in the festive spirit without having to worry about finding paper bits for days. (via Brit + Co)
19. Wire Crown: We love this child-like DIY for its blend of elegance, cuteness and beauty. Oh, and did we mention it’s easy enough for a kid (or adult) to make in just a few minutes? (via Un Beau Jour)
20. Floral-Studded Headband: Channel your inner garden fairy or spring goddess with signs of the year to come. The fabric rosebuds add a nice, decidedly not wintry, aspect to your party look. (via Style Noted)
21. Leather Feathers: Trace feather shapes out of soft, metallic leather and then simply glue ’em to an elastic band (we know you’ve got one laying around somewhere). This boho-chic look couldn’t be simpler. (via Brit + Co)
22. Gold Leaf Head Chain: You’re going to need to break out your jewelry skills on this one, but the good news is that you can wear this awesome headband for way more than just a New Year’s soiree. Next summer’s music festival season comes to mind. (via Chic Steals)
Additional reporting by Nora Landis-Shack.
Do you prefer party hats, crowns or headbands? Vote below!