14 Drip Cake Recipes That Look As Good As They Taste
No one needs to twist anyone’s arm to get them to eat more cake, amiright? But if you’re looking for a dessert that’s also part spectacle, a girl’s gotta aim high. From DIY watercolor cakes to rustic naked cakes to cute peekaboo cakes, there are so many amazing designs out there. Enter the very latest trend: drip wedding cakes. They’ve captured everyone’s heart with their overflowing frosting so sweet you can almost taste it through your phone. Here are 14 drip cake recipes that will be the talk of the party anywhere you take ’em.
2. Raspberry Blood Orange Cake: This cake features a vibrant blood orange glaze mixed with luscious red raspberries. Its gorgeous pink frosting makes it *perf* for an outdoor baby or bridal shower. (via Tessa Huff / The Cake Blog)
3. Cardamom Spiced Carrot Cake With Ginger Frosting and Caramel Drizzle: This cardamom-spiced carrot cake has a sinfully rich ginger cream cheese frosting and drippy-dippy caramel sauce. (via Broma Bakery)
4. Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cake: Two ingredients so simple and pure as dark chocolate and fresh strawberries have never looked — or tasted — so sweet. Bookmark this one for Valentine’s Day. (via Style Sweet CA)
5. Mint Chocolate Layer Cake: Let’s start with the two glorious layers of super-moist chocolate cake — the kind that’s so rich you can eat it without frosting, it’s just THAT good. The rest is just icing on the top (heyo!). (Sweetest Menu)
7. Samoas-Inspired Layer Cake With Chocolate Drips: Chewy coconut and caramel are hard to pass up in a Girl Scout Cookie, but even more so in a giant cake. This one’s iced with salted caramel frosting, then drenched in pooling dark-chocolate ganache. (via Treats and Trends)
8. Banana Split Cake: What’s in a banana split cake, you may be wondering. Layers of banana cake and vanilla buttercream with pineapple and strawberry fillings, topped off with a silky dark chocolate ganache, sprinkles, whipped cream, and cherries, natch. (via Olivia Bogacki / The Cake Blog)
9. Rocky Road Layer Cake: Oh, look — it’s everyone’s fave ice cream flavor reimagined in a cake. And, yes, that chocolate buttercream frosting topped with a drizzle of dark chocolate ganache is everything your chocolate-loving heart wants it to be. (via SugarHero)
10. London Fog Cake: This cake is a riff on a vanilla-sweetened Earl Grey latte called a “London fog.” The citrusy flavor of bergamot that’s the key note in Earl Grey tea pairs amazingly well with the vanilla in the caramel sauce. (via Tessa Huff / The Cake Blog)
11. Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drip Cake: Just when you didn’t think you could get any more decadent than pairing peanut butter and chocolate in a cake, here comes one with drip icing. (via I Say Nomato)
12. Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Cake: This whimsical cake is packed with caramel-corn flavors that will remind you of childhood outings to the circus, summer baseball games, and the old movie theater. But it’s that mountain of caramel popcorn and drippy caramel sauce that are the pièce de résistance. (via Style Sweet CA)
If you HEART the latest cake trends, follow us on Pinterest for more inspo.