You’ve had many day dreams where you’re sitting on the shores of Mykonos, surrounded by the sea and gorgeous white and blue buildings. Ahhh… the wanderlust is so very real. For a quick Mediterranean fix, try a night filled with delicious homemade Greek dishes including all of hummus and pita and baklava you want. So, what are you waiting for? Check out the 13 Greek recipes below that taste just like vacation.
1. Veggie-Packed Three Bean Greek Salad: You can almost always guarantee that Greek food is going to be healthy, and this three bean salad lives up to that notion. It’s also packed with tons of tomatoes, olives, and bell peppers for a variety of flavors. (via Little Spice Jar)
4. Greek Lemon Chicken Soup: This light chicken soup is perfect for times when you’re feeling a tad under the weather. The lemony broth will soothe a sore throat, and the chicken and couscous will help you regain your energy. (A Spicy Perspective)
5. Greek Meatballs With Tzatziki Sauce: Meatballs may seem like more of an Italian dish, but these are full of Mediterranean ingredients. For even more Greek flavor, try using ground lamb instead of beef. (via Recipe Runner)
6. Greek Moussaka: Moussaka is one of the most popular Greek comfort foods. Think of it as their take on a Scottish Shepherd’s pie or American Chicken Pot Pie, but with ground beef and eggplant. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
7. Garlicky Greek Spaghetti Toss: The key to a memorable Greek pasta is lots of garlic, a generous pour of olive oil, and all the feta your fingers can crumble. Add in chopped tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs at your discretion. (via Cooking Classy)
8. Htipiti: Hummus may get all of the attention in other countries, but htipiti is a lesser known dip that the locals love. It consists of roasted red peppers, feta, jalapeños, and sun-dried tomatoes that are blitzed to a smooth consistency. (via Closet Cooking)
10. One-Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice With Roast Garlic: Bring the Mediterranean to your weeknight dinners with this one-pan meal. The standout ingredients are the sweet and nutty roasted garlic and charred lemon. (via Closet Cooking)
13. Traditional Greek Pita Bread: You’re going to need plenty of pita bread for all of that hummus and souvlaki. Try your hand at making your own, and you’ll be shocked at how easy it is. (via Half Baked Harvest)
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes from around the world!