13 Incredible Edible Dessert Toppers
We’re crazy for cake toppers, but you know what’s even better than a blinged out birthday message or a trendy bunting stretched across your favorite dessert? Making that topper something we can eat! Edible dessert toppings are nothing new. We know fondant works dessert magic but there are so many other ways to shout a celebratory statement or fit a sweet treat into your theme. These methods go far beyond the traditional bakery toppers so you can put your DIY twist on any dessert and earn major brownie points with your next dinner party guests.
1. Macarons + Edible Ink: When you have something you want to say atop a celebratory cake, what better way to say it than with edible ink? Whip up some homemade macarons (or get them from your local bakery, we promise we won’t tell) and sketch your message on them for a sweet statement. (via Cupcakes and Cutlery)
2. Calligraphy Pie Crust: Put your handwriting skills to the test and scrawl a message on your pie crust to match any holiday or occasion. These handy tips will have you writing dreamy messages in all your desserts. (via Style Me Pretty)
5. Typography Cupcakes: We love typography, and it’s no secret that we’re obsessed with cupcakes, so forming royal icing into typography cupcake decorations is simply magical. Spell anything you want with these unbelievably tasty cupcake toppers. (via Love Driven Design)
6. Cookie Bunting: This topper combines two of our favorite things: bunting and cookies. These tiny bunting flags even get a delicate layer of frosting to make them extra delectable! (via Hank and Hunt)
7. Stenciled Sparkle Cakes: No words get us more excited than “edible glitter.” Carefully stencil the sparkles in your favorite geometric pattern and you have the to-die-for dessert of your dreams. (via Martha Stewart)
8. Passionfruit Marshmallows: Homemade marshmallows are perhaps the most impressive dessert you can make. Top your favorite cupcakes (or even brownies!) with these sweet mallows carved into a trendy shape and you have a dessert that will knock socks off. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
9. Sprinkle Cake Topper: Almond bark and sprinkles come together to create this smart topper that can be shaped into any design you can imagine. From letters and numbers to shapes or funky patterns, say it in sprinkles! (via Kojo Designs)
10. Cereal Heart Toppers: We haven’t had this much fun with pipe cleaners since elementary school! Thread your favorite loop cereal along the pipe cleaners and shape for a tasty crunch that pairs perfectly with moist cake. (via Momtastic)
11. Marshmallow Petit Fours: Would you believe Airheads make these delicate and petit toppers? Mini alphabet cookie cutters and a pizza slicer come together to design gorgeous toppers for these fabulous bite-size desserts. (via Say Yes)
12. Rainbow Rock Candy: You might have missed the boat to use this for your St. Paddy’s Day celebration, but just swap out the colors and you’ve got the easiest, most eye-catching cake topper in all the land. (via Studio DIY)
What’s your favorite way to top a celebratory dessert? Let us know about it in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.