Fuel Your Busy Day With These 19 Energy Bites Recipes
You try to eat right, but when you’re feeling beat or in a rush, it is easy NOT to make healthy food choices. We know, but here’s a tip: Super portable energy bites are *just* the thing to have on hand. From post-workout fuel to an energy-boosting snack, each of these yummy recipes packs a small but might punch. They’re loaded with protein-packed nuts, whole grains, and plenty of dried fruit for a natural sugar boost. And they’re all no-bake recipes that you just whip up, shape into bites and have at the ready to fuel your next adventure. Load up on one of these 19 energy bites for your next five-mile hike or to tackle an extra hour or two at the office.
1. Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites: Like their cookie namesake, these bites are loaded with oats, raisins and cinnamon, but are sans all the butter. Protein and even more cookie-licious flavor comes in the form of vanilla protein powder. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
2. Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls: These blissful little treats are packed with antioxidants from matcha and protein from pistachios and cashews. To sweeten all that up, Medjool dates and coconut are also in the mix. (via The Body Book)
3. Cherry Chia Energy Bites: So many good things in one nutritious little package — chia, dried cherries, flax seeds, coconut, oats, CHOCOLATE. Any nut butter can be used to hold it all together so you can change the recipe up to suit your mood. (via Some the Wiser)
4. No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Energy Bites: Here you have all the deliciousness of a pumpkin spice latte, but you definitely can’t call these energy bites basic. They’re made by combing pumpkin puree with gluten-free flour, brown rice syrup and, of course, a hefty pinch of pumpkin pie spice. (via The Big Man’s World)
5. No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites: All that joy will make you feel like you are indulging, but all the sweetness in these bites comes from pureed dates. You can probably guess the other lead players: almonds, coconut and chocolate by way of antioxidant-rich cocoa powder. (via The Healthy Maven)
6. Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites: Toss dried cranberries, almonds, cashews, dates and vanilla in a blender, add a pinch of salt and hit the power button. That’s exactly how easy it is to make these. (via Recipe Runner)
7. Chai Latte Energy Bites: Sipping on a chai latte with a little chocolate may have been the old way you’d get an afternoon boost, but all of that comfort is now crammed into these little grab-and-go bites. They also have protein powder to keep you going. (via The Cinnamon Scrolls)
8. Carrot No Bake Energy Bites: Shredded carrots are not your typical energy bite ingredient, but that’s what makes this recipe so much fun. The carrots not only add moisture and flavor but nutrients and fiber too. The veg is stirred together with coconut, oats, nuts, dried fruit and cinnamon for that *almost* carrot cake taste. (via Vegan Heaven)
9. Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites: If you tend to crave a muffin in the afternoon, you can skip all the sugar and still get your fix with this energy bite. The lemon flavor comes from lemon zest and lemon juice, so it has some pucker power. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
10. Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites: Following the general energy bite formula, these are loaded with dried fruit, nuts and oats, but what makes them stand out is that they are studded with buttery white chocolate chips for something all around different and delicious. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Apple-Cinnamon Energy Bites: When apples and cinnamon come together, they make comfort food magic. Here the sweet-tart spiciness of the combo is nicely matched with oats, flax seeds and almond butter. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
12. Sea Salt + Dark Chocolate Quinoa Energy Balls: Protein-packed chewy quinoa meets dark chocolate and sea salt to make our healthy afternoon snack dreams come true. Almond butter, maple syrup and walnuts are in there too, to make these a superfood treat. (via Simply Quinoa)
13. No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites: Almond butter brings the salty while coconut and maple syrup bring the sweet to these little nibbles. There are also plenty of other nutritious goodies hiding in these small packages, like flax seeds, oats and chopped almonds. (via Beaming Baker)
14. No Bake Maple Vanilla Nut Latte Protein Bites: The makings of a protein bite *and* a latte are all here to create the ultimate energy bite. For the protein, there are chopped nuts, nut butter and vanilla protein powder, while ground coffee means there’s a whole latte energy-boosting going on. (via Cotter Crunch)
15. Healthy Fudgy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites: With fall just around the corner, tempting pumpkin sweets will be EVERYWHERE, so come prepared with this healthy alternative. These bites get their fudgy texture from pureed pumpkin that is mixed with almond butter, oats and quinoa flakes. (via Desserts With Benefits)
16. Blueberry Almond Energy Bites: Superfood blueberries make these super delicious. To start this recipe, almond butter and agave are warmed together in the microwave. That heat helps to soften the dried berries and the other ingredients so they come together into balls in a cinch. (via Recipe Runner)
17. Pecan Pie Energy Bites: How yummy does this one sound?! Of course, in traditional energy-bite fashion, it has lots of protein and nutritious goodies packed in, like oats, wheat germ and nuts, so it only *sounds* down-right decadent. (via Baker by Nature)
18. Raspberry Coconut Breakfast Balls: If your mornings tend to be an exercise in chaos, then breakfast balls are just the thing. They’re made with just five ingredients, with one of them being crushed frozen raspberries to give them that irresistible color. (via Feeding Finn)
19. Cranberry Almond Energy Bites: These are like the LBD of energy bites. The flavors of sweet-tart cranberries with the crunch of almonds make a good base for adding in other nutritious staples you have on hand. For this recipe, those come in the form of chia and flax seeds. (via The Creative Bite)
For more healthy + delicious bites, follow us on Pinterest.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!