Fuel Your Busy Day With These 19 Energy Bites Recipes
You try to eat right, but when you’re feeling beat or in a rush, it is easy NOT to make healthy food choices. We know, but here’s a tip: Super portable energy bites are *just* the thing to have on hand. From post-workout fuel to an energy-boosting snack, each of these yummy recipes packs a small but might punch. They’re loaded with protein-packed nuts, whole grains, and plenty of dried fruit for a natural sugar boost. And they’re all no-bake recipes that you just whip up, shape into bites and have at the ready to fuel your next adventure. Load up on one of these 19 energy bites for your next five-mile hike or to tackle an extra hour or two at the office.
1. Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites: Like their cookie namesake, these bites are loaded with oats, raisins and cinnamon, but are sans all the butter. Protein and even more cookie-licious flavor comes in the form of vanilla protein powder. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
2. Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls: These blissful little treats are packed with antioxidants from matcha and protein from pistachios and cashews. To sweeten all that up, Medjool dates and coconut are also in the mix. (via The Body Book)
3. Cherry Chia Energy Bites: So many good things in one nutritious little package — chia, dried cherries, flax seeds, coconut, oats, CHOCOLATE. Any nut butter can be used to hold it all together so you can change the recipe up to suit your mood. (via Some the Wiser)
4. No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Energy Bites: Here you have all the deliciousness of a pumpkin spice latte, but you definitely can’t call these energy bites basic. They’re made by combing pumpkin puree with gluten-free flour, brown rice syrup and, of course, a hefty pinch of pumpkin pie spice. (via The Big Man’s World)
5. No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites: All that joy will make you feel like you are indulging, but all the sweetness in these bites comes from pureed dates. You can probably guess the other lead players: almonds, coconut and chocolate by way of antioxidant-rich cocoa powder. (via The Healthy Maven)
6. Cranberry Vanilla Energy Bites: Toss dried cranberries, almonds, cashews, dates and vanilla in a blender, add a pinch of salt and hit the power button. That’s exactly how easy it is to make these. (via Recipe Runner)
7. Chai Latte Energy Bites: Sipping on a chai latte with a little chocolate may have been the old way you’d get an afternoon boost, but all of that comfort is now crammed into these little grab-and-go bites. They also have protein powder to keep you going. (via The Cinnamon Scrolls)
8. Carrot No Bake Energy Bites: Shredded carrots are not your typical energy bite ingredient, but that’s what makes this recipe so much fun. The carrots not only add moisture and flavor but nutrients and fiber too. The veg is stirred together with coconut, oats, nuts, dried fruit and cinnamon for that *almost* carrot cake taste. (via Vegan Heaven)
9. Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites: If you tend to crave a muffin in the afternoon, you can skip all the sugar and still get your fix with this energy bite. The lemon flavor comes from lemon zest and lemon juice, so it has some pucker power. (via Amy’s Healthy Baking)
10. Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites: Following the general energy bite formula, these are loaded with dried fruit, nuts and oats, but what makes them stand out is that they are studded with buttery white chocolate chips for something all around different and delicious. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Apple-Cinnamon Energy Bites: When apples and cinnamon come together, they make comfort food magic. Here the sweet-tart spiciness of the combo is nicely matched with oats, flax seeds and almond butter. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
12. Sea Salt + Dark Chocolate Quinoa Energy Balls: Protein-packed chewy quinoa meets dark chocolate and sea salt to make our healthy afternoon snack dreams come true. Almond butter, maple syrup and walnuts are in there too, to make these a superfood treat. (via Simply Quinoa)
13. No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites: Almond butter brings the salty while coconut and maple syrup bring the sweet to these little nibbles. There are also plenty of other nutritious goodies hiding in these small packages, like flax seeds, oats and chopped almonds. (via Beaming Baker)
14. No Bake Maple Vanilla Nut Latte Protein Bites: The makings of a protein bite *and* a latte are all here to create the ultimate energy bite. For the protein, there are chopped nuts, nut butter and vanilla protein powder, while ground coffee means there’s a whole latte energy-boosting going on. (via Cotter Crunch)
15. Healthy Fudgy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites: With fall just around the corner, tempting pumpkin sweets will be EVERYWHERE, so come prepared with this healthy alternative. These bites get their fudgy texture from pureed pumpkin that is mixed with almond butter, oats and quinoa flakes. (via Desserts With Benefits)
16. Blueberry Almond Energy Bites: Superfood blueberries make these super delicious. To start this recipe, almond butter and agave are warmed together in the microwave. That heat helps to soften the dried berries and the other ingredients so they come together into balls in a cinch. (via Recipe Runner)
17. Pecan Pie Energy Bites: How yummy does this one sound?! Of course, in traditional energy-bite fashion, it has lots of protein and nutritious goodies packed in, like oats, wheat germ and nuts, so it only *sounds* down-right decadent. (via Baker by Nature)
18. Raspberry Coconut Breakfast Balls: If your mornings tend to be an exercise in chaos, then breakfast balls are just the thing. They’re made with just five ingredients, with one of them being crushed frozen raspberries to give them that irresistible color. (via Feeding Finn)
19. Cranberry Almond Energy Bites: These are like the LBD of energy bites. The flavors of sweet-tart cranberries with the crunch of almonds make a good base for adding in other nutritious staples you have on hand. For this recipe, those come in the form of chia and flax seeds. (via The Creative Bite)
For more healthy + delicious bites, follow us on Pinterest.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.