30 Ideas for an Outdoor Engagement Photo Shoot
Nature is oh-so romantic. You’ve got greenery, chirping birds, maybe even a field of flowers… Okay so now that we’ve envisioned that, I think we can all admit the reality is more like a series of mosquito bites, humidified hair and sticky sweat — but hey, we love the storybook version as much as the next gal. If you’re gearing up to shoot some engagement photos and thinking of using Mother Nature as your backdrop, we say go for it. Here are 30 engagement photos that will inspire you to take that romantic photo session straight to the great outdoors.
4. Snowy Romance: Of course, we’ve gotta give a shoutout to Brit Morin’s very own engagement photos! These were taken in Jackson Hole, where she and her husband Dave got married the following summer. So sweet! (via Brit Morin)
5. Play in the Park: And while we’re keeping things in the Brit + Co family, we love these playful photos shot in Alamo Square Park right here in San Francisco. That’s right — if you’ve got a clever photographer, you can totally make a city park look like a natural hideaway. (via Anjelika Temple)
11. Field of Flowers: If you’re going to play a game of “he loves me, he loves me not” we’re thinking this is probably the place to do it. But if you’re taking engagement photos we kind of hope you already know the answer to that question. (via Praise Wedding)
16. Play in the Snow: We love the idea of doing a winter activity like ice skating, sledding, or just having a snowball fight to add a majorly playful vibe to your pictures. (Bonus: You’ll have the kind of healthy glow you just can’t fake with makeup!) (via Loverly)
21. Romantic Rowboat: Noah? Is that you? There might not be majestic swans surrounding you while you swoon over each other, but there could be some pretty stellar fall foliage and that’s something right? (via Style Me Pretty)
Are you a soon to be Mrs. looking for the perfect engagement shoot location? Where are you thinking?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)