What to Make This Weekend: A Taco T-Shirt, Polaroid Coasters + More
While we’ve had a bit of a break from the holiday circuit since Easter, the arrival of May puts us right back on that festive train. First comes the fiesta that is Cinco de Mayo and then comes Mother’s Day. While the first is more an affair that solely involves tacos and margaritas (so many margaritas), you should definitely prep a gift for the second. But don’t worry — we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re in need of a special something for your mama or a quick wardrobe update, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Alphabet Crayons: That melted crayon art is so Pinterest 1.0, but these crayon letters are a new way to reinvent the old school art supply. This blogger made them as personalized party favors, but they might also look awesome glue super-glued to a piece of wood as wall art. (via Minted)
2. Mother’s Day iPad Case: Did you gift dear old mom an iPad for Christmas? Make sure she keeps it protected (and remembers how great of a kid you are) with this easy iPad case complete with a personalized photo. (via Brit + Co)
4. Polaroid Coasters: Looking for a handmade Mother’s Day gift that’s also super easy (but really, it’s so easy)? Gift her these adorable photo coasters. Replace the scenic photos used here for snaps of you and her and then use them for those mimosas at your Mother’s Day brunch. (via Darkroom and Dearly)
5. Blake Lively’s Gucci Shirt: Blake’s been killing it in the fashion game as of late. While we can’t pick one outfit that’s out favorite, we will say this bedazzled top definitely falls toward the top of the list. The bad news? It’s by Gucci. The good news? You can DIY your own version. (via Brit + Co)
7. Watermelon Fanny Pack: So Coachella is over, but festival fashion is still very much upon us. Whether you’re headed to another music-filled weekend this summer or just want to go purse-free, this adorable fanny pack is the perfect accessory. (via Brit + Co)
8. Record Side Table: We don’t suggest you use a cherished old record for this DIY, but if you can find one at a flea market, take it home and use it to transform a planter stand into a piece of statement furniture. (via The Flourishing Abode)
10. Gem Drawer Pulls: Whether you’re totally revamping an old piece of furniture or you just want to spice up a current dresser, these sparkly drawer pulls are the perfect accent touch. All you need to make these is some polymer clay, Mod Podge and glitter. (via Brit + Co)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.