We love avocado (and it’s not just a summer crush). But smearing it on toast day in and day out, year-round — even if it’s a fancy avocado toast recipe — can definitely lead to some… well, boredom in the relationship. It happens! But if you’re not quite ready to move on to, say, sweet potato toast, there are plenty of other creative avocado meal options. Incorporate the benefits of avocado (Tasty! Healthy fats! Full of fiber! More potassium than bananas!) into your regular rotation with these ten avocado recipes that don’t involve toast.
1. Avocado + Egg Breakfast Pizza: Expanding your horizons beyond avocado toast doesn’t mean you’ve got to give up the green stuff for breakfast entirely. Also, pizza? For breakfast? And it’s healthy? Count us in. (via The Kitchn)
2. Avocado Buckwheat Pancakes: Indulge in a big ol’ stack of fluffy flapjacks that are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin E and everything else you love about avocados, thanks to the addition of avocado puree in the batter. (via Kitchen Kemistry)
3. Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich: Who needs the boring ol’ tuna and egg salads you can get at any deli when you can make a chickpea version instead? Avocado replaces mayo as the creamy binding agent. (via Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen)
4. Shrimp Stuffed Avocado: The beauty of these stuffed avocados (and there are more versions here) is that you don’t even have to scoop them out. Think of it as an all-natural, edible bowl. (via Brit + Co)
6. Spicy Jalapeno Guacamole: Guacamole is a classic summery dip for a reason. (And we’ll take any excuse to eat chips.) Kick your guac game up a notch with this twist on the basic recipe, and get ready to tell your Chipotle guy you’re done paying extra for it now that you can make your own. (via Natasha’s Kitchen)
7. Avocado Tabbouleh: This colorful Lebanese salad will satisfy your cravings for avocado and Mediterranean food. Although a little hummus and falafel on the side never hurt anybody. (via Cookie and Kate)
9. Blackened Fish and Avocado Tostadas: Blackened tilapia is the perfect pairing for avocado and corn salsa, and the baked tostada is a flavorful step up from your basic fish taco tortilla. (via Woman’s Day)
What’s your favorite way to eat avocados? Show us by tagging us in your food photos on Instagram!