Sick of Avocado Toast? Try These 10 Avocado Recipes Instead
We love avocado (and it’s not just a summer crush). But smearing it on toast day in and day out, year-round — even if it’s a fancy avocado toast recipe — can definitely lead to some… well, boredom in the relationship. It happens! But if you’re not quite ready to move on to, say, sweet potato toast, there are plenty of other creative avocado meal options. Incorporate the benefits of avocado (Tasty! Healthy fats! Full of fiber! More potassium than bananas!) into your regular rotation with these ten avocado recipes that don’t involve toast.
1. Avocado + Egg Breakfast Pizza: Expanding your horizons beyond avocado toast doesn’t mean you’ve got to give up the green stuff for breakfast entirely. Also, pizza? For breakfast? And it’s healthy? Count us in. (via The Kitchn)
2. Avocado Buckwheat Pancakes: Indulge in a big ol’ stack of fluffy flapjacks that are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin E and everything else you love about avocados, thanks to the addition of avocado puree in the batter. (via Kitchen Kemistry)
3. Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich: Who needs the boring ol’ tuna and egg salads you can get at any deli when you can make a chickpea version instead? Avocado replaces mayo as the creamy binding agent. (via Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen)
4. Shrimp Stuffed Avocado: The beauty of these stuffed avocados (and there are more versions here) is that you don’t even have to scoop them out. Think of it as an all-natural, edible bowl. (via Brit + Co)
6. Spicy Jalapeno Guacamole: Guacamole is a classic summery dip for a reason. (And we’ll take any excuse to eat chips.) Kick your guac game up a notch with this twist on the basic recipe, and get ready to tell your Chipotle guy you’re done paying extra for it now that you can make your own. (via Natasha’s Kitchen)
7. Avocado Tabbouleh: This colorful Lebanese salad will satisfy your cravings for avocado and Mediterranean food. Although a little hummus and falafel on the side never hurt anybody. (via Cookie and Kate)
9. Blackened Fish and Avocado Tostadas: Blackened tilapia is the perfect pairing for avocado and corn salsa, and the baked tostada is a flavorful step up from your basic fish taco tortilla. (via Woman’s Day)
What’s your favorite way to eat avocados? Show us by tagging us in your food photos on Instagram!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)