Give These 17 Healthy Pasta Alternatives a Twirl Tonight
Let’s be real: Cuddling up with a bowlful of steaming hot soup doesn’t quite have the same effect as digging into a big ol’ bowlful of pasta. Thankfully, there are a ton of ways to indulge in a healthy way. Noodles made from squash, tofu and beans all make a great satisfying base for flavor-packed sauces; this collection of 17 recipes will show you how it’s done.
2. Mediterranean Shrimp Spaghetti Squash: Mediterranean flavors — feta, tomatoes, olives — abound in this tantalizing entree. Tender pieces of shrimp are a nice touch, but they can easily be left out for a vegetarian meal or swapped out with pieces of cooked chicken. (via That Hubert Kitchen)
3. Soyrizo Kelp Noodle Casserole (Vegan): You’ll love digging into this spicy Soyrizo casserole — the soy-based sausage gives the mix a welcome punch of spice. Let’s just say, this is not your grandma’s casserole. (via Fellowship of the Vegetable)
5. Zucchini Noodles Bolognese: Zucchini and red sauce are a match made in heaven and this recipe is no exception. The veggie noodles stand up oh-so-well to the thick, meaty and veggie-packed bolognese made entirely from scratch. (via A Happy Food Dance)
6. Spaghetti Squash With Mushrooms and Handmade Lemony Pesto: No doubt, lemony pesto is a surefire way to brighten up just about any dish — especially in the dead of winter. Parsley, basil or a mix of your favorite herbs all work well here to jazz up dinnertime. (via Natural Comfort Kitchen)
7. Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake: Now this is just too clever. The hollowed out spaghetti squash halves are loaded with all of the sauce ingredients and popped into the oven to bake. In other words, what we have here is one-pot pasta, spaghetti squash-style. (via Fettle Vegan)
8. Creamy Pumpkin Fettuccine: Tofu noodles make this creamy fettuccine Alfredo-like dish incredibly low-cal. And the best part? You’ll be sitting down to dinner in about 10 minutes. (via Food Faith Fitness)
9. Spaghetti Squash With Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Basil and Goat Cheese: Roasting winter tomatoes in a pan brings out all their natural sugars and makes for one outstandingly fresh sauce. Pair it with sautéed garlic, fresh basil, tangy goat cheese and a smattering of capers and pine nuts for the ultimate experience. (via Tasse d’Amour)
11. Zucchini Pasta With Tomato Sauce (Vegetarian): A quick, made-from-scratch marinara covers every strand of this tender zucchini pasta for a very fresh-tasting meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes. (via Chef Savvy)
13. Garlicky Spaghetti Squash With Chicken, Mushrooms and Kale: The garlicky chicken, mushroom and kale “sauce” would make for an excellent side dish in its own right, but when tossed with shreds of spaghetti squash, it becomes a filling meal. (via The Roasted Root)
14. Creamy Mushroom Sauce Over Spaghetti Squash (Paleo): Forget about cream of mushroom soup from the can. This recipe features a melange of fresh mushrooms and cashew-based sauce for a splendid, dairy-free upgrade. (via The Healthy Foodie)
What are your favorite healthy alternatives to traditional pasta? Share with us below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.