20 Scrumptious Ways to Celebrate National Goat Cheese Month
Yup, you read that right. One day, some marvelous comfort food-lovin’ American declared that August was going to be National Goat Cheese Month. And for that, we are forever grateful. We know that tasty flavor can be strong. But fear not! Here are 20 beautiful and balanced ways to start celebrating this glorious month of goat cheese.
2. Goat Cheese, Honey + Pistachio Cheesecake With Meyer Lemon Cream: Looking for a rich and delicious dessert to serve at your next dinner party? You’ve found it right here. (via The Kitchn)
3. Marinated Beet Salad With Goat Cheese + Pistachios: Put those white clothes away! This nutrient-rich beet salad is all you’ll want to eat for days. (via Taste Food)
5. Fresh Fig, Goat Cheese, Honey + Almond Panini: Figs and goat cheese are like the Angie and Brad of fruit and cheese combinations. Their contrasting flavors just go together so well. (via Aggie’s Kitchen)
6. Spinach, Tomato + Goat Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Spaghetti squash isn’t something that you hear about all that much, but it’ll definitely be making more appearances in your kitchen after you try this recipe out. We’re suckers for stuffed vegetable dishes. (via BS’ in the Kitchen)
9. Goat Cheese + Strawberry Bruschetta: Goat cheese is apparently a really great binding factor between sweet and savory foods. This strawberry bruschetta is like nothing we’ve ever seen before. (via Driscoll’s)
10. Potato, Squash + Goat Cheese Gratin: We heart all kinds of cheese, but potatoes and squash definitely need a bolder-tasting variety to liven them up. That’s where goat cheese swoops in to save the day! (via The Kitchn)
11. Goat Cheese + Tomato Salad Bruschetta: We’re really excited about trying out that strawberry bruschetta, but we’ve still got a soft spot for the more traditional tomato variety. (via Spoon and Chair)
13. Stuffed Pepper With Goat Cheese + Sage: These stuffed peppers are some of the easiest to make, and are the tastiest hors d’oeuvres you’ll ever come across. You might need to make a lot though, beause these’ll be gobbled up pretty quickly. (via Horses + Heels)
14. Warm Leek + Goat Cheese Dip: We know it’s summer, but we absolutely love dips that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You could even serve this one with some freshly cut veggies to keep it light. (via Ryan Bakes)
18. Strawberry + Goat Cheese Guacamole: Strawberries in guacamole?! But it works so well because the sweetness really balances out the saltiness of the goat cheese. Bust out the tortilla chips! (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
19. Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean + Goat Cheese Enchiladas: This vegetarian recipe is full of bright colors, handy protein and good nutrients. Plus it’s finger-lickin’ good. (via Sprouted Kitchen)
How will you be celebrating National Goat Cheese Month? Drop us a line in the comments below or on Facebook!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.