15 Ways to Send Your Holiday Cards Online This Year
The most stressful part about the holidays is the cards (okay, the large crowds at the mall may top this). But seriously, it is no easy task to pick out the right card for everyone on your list. You have to make sure it looks cute, is personal, has the right message, then you have to WRITE IT OUT — the list goes on. Card stores only have so many options, but you know what has endless options and does all the work for you with the added convenience of not having to get out of your sweatpants? The Internet, that’s what. We rounded up 15 of the best online card services out there. From apps to websites, your card creativity will have no boundaries.
1. Paperless Post: This website is one of our favorites, as the company has a variety of card collections designed by The New Yorker, J.Crew, Crate and Barrel and more. With customization options ranging from specialized fonts, suggested greetings or adding the logo of your business, we have a feeling the lucky recipients of these beauties will be placing them in a prominent spot on the mantel (or fridge). Available to send electronically or in print (guess they aren’t completely paperless), your card will certainly place you on the nice list. (Free on iOS)
2. Celebrations: This company focuses primarily on party invites, but they have gorgeous holiday cards as well. Our favorite part — other than the overall look, of course — is the ability for guests to RSVP directly through the e-card. Another perk: Raise some money for charity by making your party a ticketed event. With digital options from a basic email to a webpage, your friends may be more impressed by your holiday invite than your wedding one.
3. Red Stamp: These cards are all about personalization, with a dash of playful design. Add images, additional copy and as much information as desired for your holiday party. Then submit, kick back and relax with some hot chocolate (go ahead and spike it). Card shopping is hard work. (Free on iOS and Android)
4. punkpost: These sassy cards are brilliant. And we love punkpost’s personal touch of handwriting — yes, the company will handwrite and send out your cards for you, which means you could potentially “write” all of your holiday cards during your lunch break. Um, genius. (And how awesome that our own Alexis is the co-founder of this crazy cool co?!).
5. Treat: This card company (part of Shutterfly) lets you add personal moments from the past year and turn them into beautiful, bright cards your friends and family will be gazing at throughout the holidays. Get a little funky with a trimmed card and nab prime real estate on all of your friends’ fridges. (Free on iOS)
6. Ink: This app allows you to send personalized greetings in various ways straight from your phone. Ink goes down the traditional greeting card route with quirky designs and customization through adding photography. With an easy-to-use app, you will be shooting off holiday cards in no time. (Free on iOS and Android)
7. Smilebox: Choose to go the digital or printable route with this company when personalizing your holiday cards. You can either go minimal with plain text and a modern design or get epic with your card and make a collage for your favorite season. (Free on iOS)
8. Tiny Prints: These cards have a lot of customizable options when it comes to adding your photos from around the web (cough, Instagram), or in your private collection. All you have to do is add photos and copy, and the rest is left to Tiny Prints. (Free on iOS)
9. Postagram: Totally forgetting about sending out holiday cards is a bummer. Make quick, last-minute postcards to send out in a snap (or from your Instagram, Facebook and camera roll library) to prevent that guilty conscience. Postagram even sends cards throughout the world, the perfect reason to reconnect with your study abroad friend in France this holiday season. (Free on iOS and Android)
10. Punchbowl: This company makes their e-cards look as real as e-cards can get by sending them in digital envelopes. If you want to get personal, you totally can by customizing the envelope liner and creating digital stamps. Even send a gift card with these cute pieces, crossing off yet ANOTHER thing on your list this year. (Free on iOS)
11. Cardstore: This site is just like stepping into your favorite card shop, but online. It has options you would find in person with the benefit of not having to actually swing by the store. Head here and get your card customized and shipped with a couple of clicks. (Free on iOS and Android)
12. Touchnote: This app lets you send a holiday postcard, perfect for the holiday traveler. Easily snap a picture at your favorite landmark (or foreign boutique) and make all your family and friends jealous of your holiday adventures. (Free on iOS and Android)
13. justWink: If you prefer to send a quirky and playful card for the holidays, then this app is the one to use. Filter through the various categories, personalize your message — and add a selfie if you’re feeling it — then send away with the click of your iPhone button. (Free on iOS and Android)
14. Martha Stewart Craft Studio: Everyone knows Martha doesn’t play around with creativity, especially when it comes to cards. That’s why her app is only available on the iPad — you get the full digital experience of creating a card for your loved ones. The app is so intuitive you may feel like you stocked up at the local craft store to work at your craft table. (Free on iOS)
15. Felt: This iPad/iPhone app is a MUST for the digitally savvy handwritten card traditionalist. The seamless process involves picking a design, choosing an ink color to write with and crafting your handwritten note (with images or even drawings). Then once you’re done, Felt does the envelope packing and sends your handwritten holiday card to the ones that matter to you most. (Free on iOS)
Now it’s time to get comfy with some blankets, your laptop (or phone/tablet) and your creativity, as it may take awhile to pick the perfect cards. At least you aren’t stuck in a crowded card shop.
Which online card outlet is your go to? Let us know in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.