You’ve already busted out the cute bikinis, RSVP’d to those summer parties, caught a few rays (or fake it) and whipped up some refreshing food to cool you down. And what food could possibly be more refreshing than honeydew? Even the name sounds refreshing! And with these 12 drool-worthy recipes, it’s almost sinful how easy it is to stay cool, without ever sacrificing your bikini body diet.
1. Watermelon and Honeydew Sorbets with Lemongrass Sauce: Put down that Ben + Jerry’s for a second and scoop up some three-ingredient melon sorbet. It’s even topped with lemongrass sauce for that extra “Holy cow this is insanely good!” factor. (via Tartelette)
2. Grilled Chicken Breasts with Honeydew Salsa: Break out the BBQ! Melon perfectly blends with zesty spices and lemon juice to form an ideal topping for that grilled chicken. (via Bon Appetit)
3. Honeydew Mousse Cake: Perfect for summer birthdays, this light and airy cake is everything honeydew — a honeydew cake is topped with a honeydew mousse and layered with a honeydew puree. Plus, it’s pretty. (via Anncoo Journal)
4. Honeydew Bubble Tea: Honeydew melon mixes with green tea and tapioca pearls for a new take on the Taiwanese favorite. (via Munchin with Munchkin)
5. Melt-in-Your-Mouth Melon: Three ingredients and minimal presentation skills are all it takes to make your friends and family smile with this quirky dessert. (via Spoonful)
6. Low Calorie Cucumber-Melon Smoothie: Cool down in seconds with this refreshing and easy-to-make (and really healthy!) drink. (via The Reality of Skinny)
7. Grilled Salmon with Spicy Melon Salsa: Get a huge dose of omega-3s and vitamins by combining this fruit-filled salsa with your favorite grilled fish. (via Williams-Sonoma)
8. Cucumber-Honeydew Salad with Feta: Keep your afternoons extra light with this upgraded take on a cucumber salad. (via Rikki Snyder)
9. Sweet Honeydew Mint Smoothie: Who needs kale when you have green smoothies like this? Drizzle some honey on top for some added sweetness. (via Will Cook for Friends)
10. Strawberries and Honeydew Melon with Lemon, Sugar and Mint: Combine all your favorite fresh fruit and top with some added sugar to make this simple treat. (via Tartelette)
11. Honeydew Cucumber Soup: Whip up this cold soup for a crisp, smooth meal perfect for a late summer evening. (via The Healthy Foodie)
12. Honeydew Mint Ice Pops: Mint and melon come together to please the eye and the stomach. These totally make the grocery store variety look tired and boring. (via Hungry Girl Por Vida)
How do you stay cool during a heat wave? Share some of your favorite beat-the-heat tips below!