15 Chemical-Free Household Cleaners You Can Make Yourself
Don’t you just love that feeling when you sit on the couch and look around to see a spotless, tidy home? We sure do… except for maybe that chemical-y smell. With all those indecipherable ingredients found in the store-bought stuff, it’s a little frightening even thinking about what they actually do to our health. It’s a good thing that there are so many DIY household cleaners that will give you the same clean-house effect without all the harsh chemicals. Check out these 15 solutions that will make you feel good about cleaning.
1. Dishwasher Detergent Tabs: Do you actually know what is in the detergent that cleans the dishes you eat off of? We don’t either, which is why we totally vote for these all-natural, lemon-y dishwasher tabs. (via PopSugar)
7. Mold and Mildew Spray: We all hesitate when it comes to cleaning our showers because who wants to scrub so hard anyway? Shake up this spray and give your shower a daily spritz to make those scrubbings less frequent. (via Hello Natural)
9. Fridge Deodorizer: We’ve all had that “What is that smell?” moment when we open the fridge. Get rid of those funky fumes by putting a jar of baking soda mixed with a bit of essential oil on the back of the shelf. (via Hello Natural)
12. Child-Safe All-Purpose Cleaner: You probably aren’t comfortable using the same spray for your kitchen counter on your child’s toys. Diluted tea tree oil is the natural clean you’re looking for. (via PopSugar)
13. Laundry Detergent: Do you ever wonder if that mysterious rash is from your laundry detergent? It’s no surprise with all those chemicals. We dare you to test this homemade stuff to see the difference. (via Hello Natural)
Do you have any DIY household cleaners you use? Share your recipes with us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)