5 Jewelry Trends That Will Be Huge This Spring
Already obsessing about your spring wardrobe? The easiest way to start updating your duds is by decking them out with a few new, carefully curated and on-trend accessories. Jewelry can be one of the most inexpensive ways to make a big impact on your look. We’re sharing some of our top must-try jewelry trends to get your spring wardrobe in tip-top shape.
Yup, we totally called it — chokers are in, and they’ve gotten a serious sartorial update. Our favorite way to rock this #throwback trend is with heavy metals, colorful beads and sleek designs.
1. Cities in Dust Inc Brass and Onyx Atomic Collar Choker ($166): This brilliant brass collar has a subtle space-age vibe (read: incredibly cool and modern) with an open cuff-like construction ending in two spheres of creamy white onyx.
2. Templestones Chakra Choker ($88): Get in touch with your spiritual side with an understated yet colorful beaded choker. It’ll perk up any outfit while promoting tranquility, happiness and prosperity. Now that’s what we call doing double duty.
3. Maslo Jewelry Gobi Choker ($44): Contrasting clear vintage and brass beads give this covetable choker a bold, contemporary twist. Dress up a sporty tee with this polished piece or pair it with a suede shift dress for a totally on-trend look.
4. J.Crew Gold-Tone Crystal Necklace ($88): For something that feels on-trend, but still classic and undeniably feminine, this choker from J.Crew is it. Lilac crystals and mini cubic zirconia stones add just enough bling to cut the edgy, modern feel of the gold-tone disc.
The new way to do understated glamour is getting a little rough around the edges. Turn to unearthed wonders like geodes, unusual gemstones and raw crystals for an earthy and effortlessly elegant look. Even if you don’t buy into the whole metaphysical thing, we think you’ll dig the extra excuse to layer on a little more glitz.
5. Dara Ettinger Druzy Wrap Ring ($118): Natural geodes set in gleaming gold make this ring the perfect pick for days when you want to get a little flashy without going over the top.
6. House of Harlow Chrysalis Cuff ($78): If bohemian isn’t your thing, you can still rock (sorry, we had to) a crystal or two. This rose gold cuff bracelet, which boasts two stunning blue quartz crystals, is polished and elegant, with a high-shine finish and pavé crystal details.
7. Anthropologie Painted Desert Pendant Necklace ($98): Plated gold medal gives this agate pendant antiquated appeal. Pair it with a neutral top and boldly printed bottoms for a modern edge.
8. GiantLION Apatite Studs ($70): Who said crystals can’t be colorful? Liven up your look STAT with these bright blue apatite studs. We think the vibrant shade is perfectly on point for spring.
9. Collective Crystal Layer Necklace ($24): Nailing that whole layered look while staying on top of the latest trends just got ridiculously easy. Slip on this stunning two-in-one piece, and you’re ready to go.
Evidence of one of spring 2015’s biggest trends — the ’70s — could be found in striking accessories with a distinctly bohemian feel, from feathery talismans to chunky wooden collars and funky fringe bracelets. For us, the key to nailing this trend is choosing pieces that are colorful and quirky, with a high-fashion Coachella quality.
10. Bauble Bar Acid Tassel Drops Earrings ($15): Fabric tassels take a backseat to strands of ombre purple beads and shimmering crystals in an updated and unapologetically bold take on 1960s bohemian jewelry. A messy topknot to show them off is an absolute must.
11. Tiro Tiro Dimidia Earrings ($120): These brass half-circle earrings with bristly linen fringe are the ultimate in hippie chic. If you settle on a single accessory this season, make it these.
12. Urban Outfitters Feather Lariat Necklace ($16): Dainty and delicate, this lariat-style necklace offers up just a taste of boho charm with a single feather pendant for those wanting something a little more subtle.
13. Samantha Wills Heartbeats in the Sun Bracelet Set ($140): Taking the glam, luxe route, Samantha Wills uses all the boho essentials — tassels, fringe, brilliant color and stunning turquoise and cream stones — and pairs them with gorgeous antiqued gold for a set that will def make jaws drop.
Tendancies toward sports luxe and toned-down menswear-inspired styles have resulted in this understated off-shoot trend. Along with clean lines and simple but impactful design, we’re loving the “I am woman, hear me roar” sentiment it brings to the table .
14. Alexis Bittar Large Tapered Lucite Cuff ($38): This sturdy lucite cuff gives off a “don’t mess” attitude, all while delivering serious statement-making style. The tapered design hugs the wrist and channels a bit of ’90s minimalist chic.
15. Kenneth Jay Lane Flat Curb Link Chain Necklace ($155): Embrace your inner #girlboss with this elegant yet tough-as-nails curb link necklace in trendy rose gold.
16. Apple Watch Sport (Available in early 2015): Wearable tech is all the rage, and the fashion world has given its stamp approval with Vogue China debuting the Apple Watch on its November cover. Equal parts innovative, sporty and stylish, we can’t wait to get our hands on one of these babies.
17. Upper Metal Class Crystal Bar Ring ($75): Mismatched metals and a sharp, sleek design makes this bar ring a top contender on our must-have list.
18. Mango Metal Choker ($25): Give any outfit a clean, minimalist boost and a sprinkling of texture with this mixed media choker.
This is a trend we can all support, because we bet you’ve already got a pair or two of statement earrings already floating around in your jewelry box. But if you really want to up your game this season, go beyond the standard big, bold ear ornamentation and take a mismatched approach to your baubles. Mix two different styles, sizes or colors for a slightly off-kilter look.
19. A Peace Treaty Atiin Lapis Earrings ($165): We can always go for a little lapis, especially when it’s given the A Peace Treaty treatment. If the bright brilliant blue stones on these rose gold drops don’t catch your attention, the arrowhead design will.
20. I Still Love You NYC Marbleized Drop Earrings ($38): Marble might be a posh and sophisticated material, but these over-the-top earrings just want to party. Pair them with anything from a bright pink pout to a polished black blazer.
21. Dannijo Simon Multi-Crystal Statement Earrings ($370): Dazzling geometric-cut Swarovski crystals in a spectrum of vivd colors will light up any room you walk into.
22. Bauble Bar Violet Meteor Drop Earrings ($32): For the girl who loves her bling a little more romantic, look to these lavender sparklers. Antiqued gold and crystal accents bring on the elegance, while cool hues and playful fringe add a touch of the contemporary.
Which jewelry trend are you going to try this season? Tell us in the comments!