Morning Buzz! The REAL Bachelor Winner Is Kaley Cuoco’s Bachelor-Themed Leggings + More
1. This is the way every TV show finale should be watched. With on-theme leggings. Last night’s Bachelor finale had fans waiting on edge to see who Ben would give his final rose to — Lauren Bushnell or JoJo Fletcher? (SPOILER ALERT: It was the former, and the latter will be the next Bachelorette.) And if you thought your snacking-and-wine sweats were as cozy as it gets, think again. Big Bang Theory‘s Kaley Cuoco and her sister Briana rocked custom leggings with the faces of both of the final girls, roses and question marks. This is a reality show finale look that could catch on. (Photo via @normancook)
My beautiful wife Laina and I are expecting our first child. 23 weeks along. Gratefully blessed on my 37th B-Day. pic.twitter.com/BFNbKhSemY
— Chris Klein (@iamchrisklein) March 14, 2016
2. Chris Klein and his wife adorably announced their first pregnancy on Twitter! What a happy birthday gift indeed. Chris announced via Twitter with a simple, gorgeous photo of his wife Laina Rose Thyfault’s baby bump set against blooming flowers and greenery, that they are 23 weeks along in their first pregnancy. The best part? He got to tell the world on his 37th birthday. Aww!
3. Zac Efron needs an intervention for his selfie stick obsession. *Insert cry-laughing emoji here* Okay, so of course this is just a Funny or Die sketch, and further, looks to be an (albeit totally good and smart) ad for Zac’s new movie Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, but Zac Efron disrupting the set with his selfie stick obsession is the best thing you’ll see today. “Ever since Zac got a $14 selfie stick, we’ve gone hundreds of thousands of dollars over budget,” director Jake Szymanski says in the clip. “We’ve gone into overtime every day since he started bringing that selfie stick.” The video shows Zac going so far as to take a selfie of a fan taking a selfie with him. Dude, we get it — those things are strangely addictive. (h/t Funny or Die, video via @zacefron)
4. This 11-year-old beauty vlogger with arteriovenous malformation and the most fearless attitude in the world will inspire you. Nikki Christou is the latest online beauty guru you absolutely need to be following. The 11 year old has already accumulated over 2 million views on her channel, which features haul videos, makeup tips, baking and DIY videos, as well as personal glimpses into her daily life — including being open about her arteriovenous malformation, or AVM, which can cause malformations in the face. She was born with the condition, but it didn’t start to develop until she was six years old, and when she was eight, she started her channel. “It was really scary and I did feel sorry for myself at first, but then I realized there are so many things I can do,” she says in the above video. “So when I was eight, I started my YouTube channel, and created tons of best friends.” Nikki tells People that her goal is to maintain her health, and to help others who suffer from the same condition. Christou says, “[I] pray that one day our charity can fund enough research so that we can find better treatments and a cure for all AVM sufferers around the world.” YOU GO, Nikki. (h/t People)
5. This woman and her beloved cat died only hours apart. This is just proof that pets are 100% part of your family. Writer Jill Layton, in a touching essay on animal site The Dodo, tells the story of her grandmother and her beloved cat, Gabby, who shared a bond so deep that they both started slowing down in their old age together, and, ultimately, passed away just hours apart. After her grandmother came home from having Gabby put down, she laid down for a nap and never woke up. “She died four hours after Gabby. Maybe it was just her time and a strange coincidence, maybe she died of a broken heart or maybe their souls couldn’t be separated.” Jill describes the pair as “two sweet old ladies who enjoyed each other’s company.” Sob. (h/t The Dodo, photo via Judy Caponigro/The Dodo)
6. Quote of the day: “I don’t see man clothes and woman clothes, I just see scared people and comfortable people.” — Jaden Smith in GQ on his gender-defying clothing choices.
What morning news has caught YOUR attention? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured image via Jason Merritt/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.