10 Weddings That Prove Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses Rule
The only rule when it comes to planning your wedding: anything goes. If there was ever a time to be 100 percent authentic, your Big Day is THE day. And this doesn’t just apply to the bride and groom. The hottest trend is mismatching bridesmaids dresses so each girl gets to wear a gown that’s flattering to her body type AND makes her feel fantastic. Your bridesmaids will be into the idea because they’ll have the opportunity to contribute an original spin to your special ceremony, plus they won’t have to drop a ton of money on a dress that they don’t love. Win-win!
1. Shabby Chic to the Max: Boho brides, take a good, hard look at this set of mismatched maids. They’ve all stuck to a grey-and-white theme, but added their own flair with patterns. The bride even let them wear flat booties, which means there wasn’t a sore foot in the house. (via Jen Rodriguez)
2. All That Glitters: This set of bridesmaids has a very vintage feel, resembling a scene straight out of The Great Gatsby. They also prove that mismatched dresses don’t have to be different in just color or pattern. They can also be embellished differently. Keep all the lengths long for added glam. (via Erich McVey)
3. Pastel Party: Spring weddings call for soft colors, and now you don’t have to pick just one. These bridesmaids look ethereal in floor-length shades of purple, pink, peach and teal. Make sure you give all of your girls matching bouquets to tie the look together like this bride did. (via Skyla Walton)
4. Make Me Blush: Give your maids a color and let them run with it? Why not? Looks like that’s what this bride did, and it turned out fabulous. Each girl ended up with a unique, flattering frock within the blush color family — three ladies have floor-length gowns, which could signify that they’re maids or matrons of honor. That’s a pretty fashionable way to give a shout-out. (via Jacquelyn Poussot)
5. Mix-and-Match Times Two: This bride appears to have given her maids two inspiration colors: mint and blush pink. Other than that, they had free reign to choose their own lengths, fabrics and shoes. The key was the one patterned dress that had both colors and, thus, tied ‘em all together. (via Jen Rodriguez)
6. First Lace: All of these bridesmaids have on the same gown, but there’s a mix of shades. Envision the line-up of your bridesmaids before letting them pick colors so that no two girls in the same hue are side-by-side. (via Jose Villa)
7. Bright-smaids: You don’t have to shy away from color on your big day, as proven by these gals in cheery shades of pink. We’ve seen it done in every color of the rainbow — just give your girls a color and let them choose a shade that suits their skin tones. With enough colors, you could even have your girls line up to create an ombré effect! (via Wendy Laurel)
8. White Is Alright: These cream-colored dresses prove that wearing white to a wedding is no longer a no-no. In fact, it’s the perfect hue for a beach or summer wedding, where you want everything breezy, bright and clean. You can also tone down the white of your maids’ dresses if you want your dress to shine brightest. (via SugarLove Weddings)
9. Thinking Pink (and Glam): These gals make their mismatched-ness look glam, thanks to the sweeping length of each gown. They also keep things looking meant-to-be-mismatched by sticking to similar fabrics and colors and by toting bouquets that do match. (via Steve Steinhardt)
10. Simple Shading: In our final example, let’s just reiterate just how easy it is to mismatch your maids. Choose a single dress and a few shades that match your theme. Then, assign each girl a color based on her spot in your bridesmaid line. Voila. Now you’re ready to walk down the aisle in style. (via Style Unveiled)
Gone are the days where you must have the matchy-matchy bridesmaid dresses. The trend is creativity, and you can let yours shine with a mismatched set of gowns that will make you, your maids and your wedding day sparkle.
Which mismatched trend do you like best for your wedding day?
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.