11 Ways to Make This Season’s Mixed Metal Trend Work for You
We all know that everything is better with sparkle. White decor is more dazzling when paired with silver, any decor looks more luxurious with gold and eclectic styles are enhanced with copper — but have you considered mixing and matching all three? Matchy-matchy is taking a backseat to a mixed metal style sensibility this season, and we’re convinced that the world is better for it. Check out how to make the most of this sparkling trend.
1. Different Textures: A great trick to make sure your metals look glam without going over the top is to play with different textures. The brushed metal of this coffee table pairs well with the impact of the wall ornament without overwhelming the space. (via Decorpad)
3. Dominant Metals: Consider deciding on one dominant metal and adding pops of others for aesthetic intrigue. The gold in this room takes center stage, while the silver accents round it out. (via Sadie + Stella)
4. Eclectic Play: If your style is more eclectic, you might be unsure about adding different metals to the mix. But when used as subtle details, mixed metals can actually make your presentation appear more polished. (via InStyle)
5. Gallery Wall: A gallery wall is a great way to play with this trend without overcommitting yourself. The mixed-and-matched frames in this room add just the right amount of personality to make it shine. (via Refinery29)
6. Office Dress-Up: Don’t save all the sparkle for your living room and bedroom! Your home office is begging to explore this style. Look to eclectic wall decor and on-trend desk accessories to nail the trend. (via Lauren Loves)
7. Fanciful Office: A different take on the home office shows that you can make this look work no matter your style sensibilities. Feminine touches and modern details play well with the mixed metal trend. (via The Glitter Guide)
9. Accent Play: If commitment isn’t really your thing, try playing with different accents. Silver and gold pieces elevate this look, and they can be easily replaced if and when you grow tired of ’em.
10. Metal Minimalism: Even those who prefer the understated quality of minimalism can enjoy mixed metals. This copper statement piece shines brightly, while the soft chrome of the table and chair quietly enhance the look. (via Bolaget)
Craving more ways to make your home shine this fall? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)