Morning Buzz! Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna May Already Be Back Together Even As Scary New Fight Details Emerge + More
Rob and Chyna’s situation gets weirder and Lena Dunham gets herself into trouble in this morning’s top news. Check those and more stories out below.
1. We had a feeling this was far from over. After Rob made a public apology to Chyna and said he was seeking help for his mental health issues, a source has told Us that the fight is already over, even as details about their fight getting physical emerge. According to E! News, Chyna was “punching [Rob] in his back and arms and was in a drunken rage,” when Kris Jenner’s boyfriend, Corey Gamble, walked in and broke it up. Yikes. We hope these two can get to some sort of healthy place.
2. Lena Dunham is stirring up some major controversy with her latest podcast. In a new episode of Women of the Hour, Lena was talking about the stigma that surrounds abortion when she said that, though she never had one, she wished she had. People were quick to point out the insensitivity of her comment, and she was almost as quick to post an apology. “My words were spoken from a sort of ‘delusional girl’ persona I often inhabit, a girl who careens between wisdom and ignorance (that’s what my TV show is too) and it didn’t translate,” she wrote. “That’s my fault. I would never, ever intentionally trivialize the emotional and physical challenges of terminating a pregnancy.” She went on to reiterate that her only intention is to increase awareness and decrease stigma.
3. Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus to visit a children’s hospital and we CANNOT. The Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles got some Christmas cheer from these two, who took time to visit many young patients in some super festive — and seriously adorable — Santa outfits. Too sweet.
4. Texas will defund Planned Parenthood. The next few years for women’s reproductive rights already looks dicey in America, and now Texas has made legal notice that Planned Parenthood will be defunded in the state in 30 days. According to the Texas Tribune, Planned Parenthood had previously received $3.1 million in Medicaid funding, and without it, many low-income women could be affected. Planned Parenthood plans to continue to fight the move.
5. This new Facebook feature is seriously cool. Not unlike live video, Facebook has announced a new feature called Live Audio, letting people go live with JUST audio on the platform. “From interviews to book readings, we’re excited about the layer of interactivity that Live Audio brings to both the broadcaster and listener,” a blog post said about the launch. We can see it now — everyone gets their own podcast via Facebook! (Image via Facebook)
6. Quote of the day: “It is with gut-wrenching sadness and unbelievable grief that I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of love and support during this unimaginable time. Yesterday… we laid my beloved husband, soulmate and the patriarch of our family to rest.” Alan Thicke’s wife Tanya Callau breaks her silence on her husband’s sudden death in a heartbreaking statement.
Do you think Rob and Chyna should stay together or break up for good? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Greg Doherty/Getty)