7 #OOTDs for the Week: Luxe Looks for a Glam NYE
Don’t get too comfy in those tacky sweaters. It’s almost time to kick the year off in style with a New Year’s Eve look worth remembering. Sure, we love sparkles as much as the next gal (trust us, we do) but that doesn’t have to be your sole inspiration for a festive NYE look. This year, if you want to go luxe, we’re sharing some of our favorite fashionistas’ #ootd looks on Instagram for inspiration.
1. Sexy Jumpsuit: No sparkles. No heels. If you wanna go sporty sleek, this tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit with bright white tennis shoes is the way to go. The deep V gives this look a sexy edge and the satin lapels give it that extra bit of shine for midnight festivities. One of the best parts is that your feet aren’t even going to hurt at the end of the night. (via @weworewhat)
2. Embellish, Embellish, Embellish: This geometric pattern crafted in sequins adds just the right amount of shine without making you so reflective that people mistake you for the disco ball. When going luxe with your look, Gabi Fresh knows that a little embellishment goes a long way. (via @gabifresh)
3. Full and Flowing: The perfect luxe look is a lesson in understated drama. This long, full blush pink skirt is just the ticket, making fashion-blogger Blaire Eadie look like straight up royalty. Balance out your statement skirt by going monochrome on the top so that pink can really pop. (via @blaireadiebee)
4. LBD: Your plain LBD just got a serious upgrade. Decked out in lace and flowy layers on the top, this black dress is not easy to overlook. If you’re going to keep it classic black for the big night, dress up your dress with some texture and you’ll feel instantly more chic. (via @racheletenicole)
5. Pretty in Pants: Flowy, wide-leg pants can be the perfect way to break away from the dress and rock a look that easily transforms from day to night. This outfit is easily amped for the nighttime scene with embellished stilettos and an adorable clutch. Oh, and that “no white after Labor Day” rule? We’re totally breaking it. (via @songofstyle)
6. Coat Required: Whether it’s to brave the cold, or to add a sartorial spin to your LBD, you really can’t go wrong with a blazer to top off your look. Go for one that’s structured to really tie your look together. (via @annstreetstudio)
7. Go Velvet: This oh-so-fuzzy fabric is making a seriously stylish comeback. Take this skinny strap, navy midi dress for example. Velvet gives it the extra hint of shine, dimension and class. The key with velvet is to keep it simple, like model Natasha Ndlovu is doing with booties and small bag to match. (via @natashandlovu)
Are you going luxe this NYE? Let us know your inspiration in the comments!