16 Creative Ideas for Putting Pets in Your Holiday Photos
Pets are just as much a part of the family as children (that’s why they’re called furry kids, after all). So when brainstorming this year’s holiday photo shoot, remember to grab some treats and a festive collar (or antlers) and snap away with your four-legged friends in tow.
2. Dog in a Blanket: Lovers of blankets and picnics, this idea is for you. Grab a blanket, or several, hit up your favorite open space and get comfy. Wrap your loved ones in them and keep the shoot casual. You’re bound to get several shots worth a howl. (via Jen Yuson Photography)
3. Festive Dog: Kids are fun to dress up, but so are dogs! String them in lights, toss on a wreath or slip on some puppy PJs. Nothing is really off-limits as long as you have several homemade treats nearby. (via Karin Newstrom Photography)
4. Seasonal Sofa: The outdoors provide a natural backdrop — one that doesn’t require stopping at the art store. Gather your favorite living room furniture, haul it down to the woods and set up a makeshift outdoor family room. The dogs won’t notice the change of scenery — okay, maybe they will — but they were planning on laying on the couch regardless. (via Poppy Blue Photo)
10. Not So Silent Night: Admit it, the animals oftentimes have too much fun while you’re away at work all day. Recreate that nightmare for the pleasure of your friends and family with this chaotic scene. (via Lauren McBride Blog)
12. Snowy Street: Before the snow finishes falling (and the dog jumps in the pile… and then on your clean couch), head outside with the entire family and set up the perfect winter wonderland at the end of the driveway. (via A Shields Photography)
How are you planning on incorporating your four-legged family members into this year’s holiday photos? Let us know in the comments below!