5 Cool Ways to Upgrade Your Ponytail, According to Pinterest
If you lived in the Mean Girls world, you’d only be allowed to wear a ponytail one day a week — but luckily, no such rule exists IRL. There’s no quicker or simpler way to get your hair off your neck (especially in the sweltering summertime), but sometimes the same hairstyle gets tired. Just in time for the season, Pinterest released the top five easy ponytail trends that will upgrade your ‘do into a head-turning new look.
1. Add a cord or shoelace. Say bye bye to the old hair tie! You can try gathering your tresses into a low pony at the nape of your neck, or even a high pony on the crown of your head à la Instagram superstar Camila Coelho, and fastening it with a funky colored cord. If you don’t have access to one, try using a clean shoelace.
2. Do the messy bobble. Adding just a few extra elastics to the ‘tail can really upgrade the overall style, as expertly demonstrated by Olivia Wilde. The trend these days is to not keep it too perfect, so feel free to pull some of those layers out and leave it just a tad messy.
3. Tie a scarf around it. Adding a scarf or bandana is another way to take the coif from zero to 100. Try a floral design for an elegant date night style and a bandana with a messy pony for beach day hair.
4. Try a double knotted pony. It’s actually as easy as it sounds. First, secure a low pony at the nape of your neck. Then, separate your strands into two sections, and knot it. Knot it again, and finally tie it up with another band at the bottom. If you need more instruction, take a few pointers from Halle Berry’s hairstylist.
5. Throw a cuff on it. A shiny cuff makes your coif red carpet ready in a snap. Of course, no ponytail roundup would be complete without Ariana Grande, and she expertly shows off how easy it is to dial up her signature look by simply adding something metallic.
Will you be trying any of these Pinterest hacks? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Christian Vierig/WireImage, Anita Bugge/Getty, Randy Holmes/Getty, Michael Tran/FilmMagic)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)