10 Tricks to Beat Puffy Eyes
So many holiday parties, so little time. Get those glitter gel pens and mistletoe stickers out. It’s time to fill up that holiday calendar. No gathering is too large or too small. If it comes with an invite, chances are we’ll be there. But we wouldn’t dare to show up looking like a hot mess. The puffy eye has never been a good look for anyone, and we’re not looking to start that trend now. Here are 10 tried and true ways make it through this holiday season looking all bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1. DIY Ice Beauty Secrets: Stack up on those ice cubes, ladies and gents. Not only are they perfect for those cranberry cosmos you’ve been perfecting, they’re also a key element in bringing down that puff. You’ll be singing “Ice Ice Baby” like nobody’s business. (via Beautylish)
2. Get a Spoon: You like to do things like a proper lady. We get it. If ice cubes and veggies are too messy, why not opt for a spoon? Throw that baby in the freezer, and let it do its magic on your unexpected bags. (via XO Jane)
3. Watch Your Diet: We know all bets are off during the holiday season, but here’s something that’ll make you reconsider: Salt and alcohol are the main culprits behind that bloated, puffy glare. It might be a good time to pass on that margarita with salt. (via Beauty High)
5. Invest in the Best: Don’t skimp when it comes to feeling good about yourself. Gift yourself a product that is gentle and effective, especially for that delicate eye area. You may have to reach a little deeper in your pocket, but the results are priceless. We’re kind of keen on Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream ($99), seeing as it doubles as a lip plumper. (via Elle)
6. Eye Yoga: Beauty on the inside and the outside, y’all. Embrace your inner zen and let your eyes do the talking. It’s simple and easy to do, so there’s no excuses here. Your eyes and your inner being will thank you. (via Style Craze)
7. Cucumber Baths: What if we told you that bathing in cucumbers would be to your benefit? No, you don’t look like a crazy person. You just look like someone who’s got an insider tip on how to look great. Wink wink. (via PopSugar)
10. Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30): When it’s time to call in the big guns, we trust no one more than our Icelandic skin heroes. It’s like a cup of coffee for your eyes.
What’s your favorite way to beat puffy eyes? Share your secrets below!