Right now, you’re busy decorating for spring and researching travel destinations in preparation for the warmer months ahead. This means you probably don’t have a lot of time for making yourself dinner at the end of day. The perfect solution? Savory microwavable mug recipes. They’re unbelievably easy, and since you pretty much only dirty a mug, utensil and *maybe* a cutting board, they’re quick to make and to clean up. Keep reading for 12 flavorful mug meals that will leave your schedule open for way more fun activities. And don’t forget to make an easy mug cake recipe for dessert too.
1. Roasted Tomato Soup With Broiled Cheddar: This tomato soup is so flavorful, you’ll never want to go back to eating soup from a can. Make a big batch and freeze it so you can have even quicker mug meals whenever you please. Broiled cheddar lid not optional. (via Smitten Kitchen)
2. Instant Mac & Cheese in a Mug: If this doesn’t take you back to your college days, nothing will. For those nights when you’re craving a bit of nostalgia, mix up this four-ingredient mac and cheese. Just make sure to use your biggest mug so it doesn’t boil over. (via The View from Great Island)
3. Butter Chicken Pot Pie With Naan Crust: If you’re feeling adventurous, this Indian-spiced pot pie comes with a homemade naan bread recipe. If you don’t have that kind of time, just opt for pre-made naan or pie crust… the combo will still be incredible. (via Host the Toast)
4. Chicken Pot Pie in a Mug: There are many variations of chicken pot pie, but there’s nothing quite like the classic. Top it off with a crescent roll crust, and it’ll give you major momma’s-cooking flashbacks. (via Refinery29)
5. Gluten-Free Egg Fried Rice in a Mug: Constant streams of takeout can get really expensive. Make your favorite fried rice in the comfort of your home for just pennies. This one will be ready before your fave Chinese restaurant picks up the phone. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
6. Burrito in a Mug: Why make a Chipotle run when you can make a burrito in a mug? You can totally adapt this with your favorite burrito ingredients, but crushed tortillas are an absolute must. (via Urban Outfitters)
7. Avocado Macaroni and Cheese in a Mug: Bump up the nutritional factor of your mac and cheese with mashed avocado. The creaminess of the avo goes so well with the cheddar, you’ll want to include it in all of your pasta from now on. This one is best served cuddled up on the couch while watching Netflix. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
8. Drunken Chicken Pot Pies With Rosemary and Sweet Potato: You’ll have to part with some wine for this recipe, but you’ll be happy you did. Tender rotisserie chicken and sweet potatoes are simply irresistible when swimming in a sauce of stock and white wine. Try topping with flaky puff pastry for a crispy component. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
9. Spinach Ricotta Lasagna in a Mug: Most lasagna recipes are enough to feed 12 people, which means you would have leftovers for days. To avoid lasagna overload, make this fast-fix microwaveable version that’s sure to ease your craving. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
10. Microwave Mug Pizza: For those times when the pizza delivery guy starts to know you by name, this mug pizza will save the day. You can add whatever toppings you prefer, but we think these mini pepperonis look quite adorable. (via Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking)
11. Mexican Street Corn in a Cup: If you’ve ever had authentic Mexican street corn, you know that it’s like no other corn out there. Now you can make it at home without having to hunt down your favorite taco truck. (via Little Inspiration)
12. Bacon, Cheese and Spinach Mug Muffin: Microwave mug cooking doesn’t have to be indulgent. This muffin is satisfying, filling and low-carb. Plus, there’s bacon and cheese involved, which is always a good thing. (via Keto Diet Blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy meal ideas!