WATCH: 13 Easy Hair Tutorials for Every Summer Activity
So you’ve mastered your everyday summer hairstyle and you’ve figured out how to beat the heat. But what about those days when you plan on doing more than just looking awesome? Fortunately, the savvy beauty vloggers on YouTube have some smart ideas to keep your ‘do in place for all those wet and wild activities you have lined up this summer. From your upcoming 3-day music festival to weekend beach adventures, these tutorials will keep you looking fresh so you can spend more time having fun and less time looking for a hair tie.
Beach Day for Curly Hair
2. 3 Easy Beach Day Styles: These three styles will keep your curly locks pinned back for those breezy days on the water. Plus they take almost no time to do, so they’re still lazy girl approved. (via tribecalledcurl)
Selfies at the Beach
3. 3 Quick + Easy Beach Hairstyles: Hey, sometimes you just want a day of lounging in the sun, drinking a refreshing beverage and snapping some cute pics with your friends. Ditch the standard ponytail and go a little more polished with these ‘dos. (via Courtney Lundquist)
Hitting up a Festival
4. Quick + Easy Half-Up ‘Do: We think Zoella’s right on the nose here. Day one of a festival is pretty much the only day you’re going to have clean hair, so keep it loose but off your face with this super simple style. Then go crazy with flower crowns and buns once it starts getting greasier. (via Zoella)
Going on a Camping Trip
5. Simple, Natural Camping Hair: Don’t bother trying to bring every single hair product when you go camping because you’ll have to carry it all on your back. This video goes over how to put just the essentials to use when you can’t shower for a few days. Think: dry shampoo, hairbands, bobby pins, barrettes and hair wraps. (via TypeF)
6. 1-Minute Bandana Hairstyles: Picnicking is already a super adorable date idea, so make sure you’re looking your cutest with one of these six styles that keep your hair off your face and lookin’ fly. (via Cute Girls Hairstyles)
4th of July Parties
7. Easy Side Braids and a Red Bandana: Speaking of super fly bandana styles, what better day to rock a red and white bandana than on Independence Day? Bethany also demonstrates a very easy face-framing style to top off your red, white and blue outfit. (via Bethany Mota)
Going for a Swim
8. 3 No-Heat Styles for Wet Hair: Knotted, chlorine-y hair is so not glamorous. Give your head a good rinse after some pool time, add argan oil and then style the wet hair with one of these ‘dos. Now you’re all ready to hit the pool bar. (via Belinda Selene)
At the Ball Park
9. Baseball Cap Hairstyles: Tired of the standard pony-through-the-back-of-the-hat look? Try out a curled low pony, French braid or messy bun, and your chances of ending up on the Jumbotron will double ;) (via Gillian Bower)
Pool Day for Curly Hair
10. Protection from Chlorine and Salt: Make sure you’re always protecting your naturally curly hair before swimming. Start with wet hair, condition, condition, condition and then add a hair oil (DIY recipe here!) to protect your locks from water damage. (via Naptural85)
11. 4 Summer Looks for Naturally Curly Hair: A sunny afternoon casually roasting hot dogs and playing cornhole means you don’t have to go overboard on style. Enjoy the easy, breezy backyard parties of summer with these four hairstyles that get your curly hair off your neck. (via RisasRizos)
12. Messy Bun: Even when you’re all set to go with your vacation mani-pedi and spray tan, it’s hard to feel glam on the plane when your neck pillow keeps ruining your hair. Create the perfect messy bun so that you will not live to regret the security photo they take at passport control. (via Kristen Sarah)
Cruising in a Convertible
13. Windy Day Hairstyles: Road trip with the top down? We’re in! But our hair is alllllll over the place. Get it under control with one of these styles, throw on your coolest pair of shades and hit the road. (via Luna Rose)
Which hairstyles are you going to rock on your summer adventures? Shout out your favorites in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.