WATCH: 13 Easy Hair Tutorials for Every Summer Activity
So you’ve mastered your everyday summer hairstyle and you’ve figured out how to beat the heat. But what about those days when you plan on doing more than just looking awesome? Fortunately, the savvy beauty vloggers on YouTube have some smart ideas to keep your ‘do in place for all those wet and wild activities you have lined up this summer. From your upcoming 3-day music festival to weekend beach adventures, these tutorials will keep you looking fresh so you can spend more time having fun and less time looking for a hair tie.
Beach Day for Curly Hair
2. 3 Easy Beach Day Styles: These three styles will keep your curly locks pinned back for those breezy days on the water. Plus they take almost no time to do, so they’re still lazy girl approved. (via tribecalledcurl)
Selfies at the Beach
3. 3 Quick + Easy Beach Hairstyles: Hey, sometimes you just want a day of lounging in the sun, drinking a refreshing beverage and snapping some cute pics with your friends. Ditch the standard ponytail and go a little more polished with these ‘dos. (via Courtney Lundquist)
Hitting up a Festival
4. Quick + Easy Half-Up ‘Do: We think Zoella’s right on the nose here. Day one of a festival is pretty much the only day you’re going to have clean hair, so keep it loose but off your face with this super simple style. Then go crazy with flower crowns and buns once it starts getting greasier. (via Zoella)
Going on a Camping Trip
5. Simple, Natural Camping Hair: Don’t bother trying to bring every single hair product when you go camping because you’ll have to carry it all on your back. This video goes over how to put just the essentials to use when you can’t shower for a few days. Think: dry shampoo, hairbands, bobby pins, barrettes and hair wraps. (via TypeF)
6. 1-Minute Bandana Hairstyles: Picnicking is already a super adorable date idea, so make sure you’re looking your cutest with one of these six styles that keep your hair off your face and lookin’ fly. (via Cute Girls Hairstyles)
4th of July Parties
7. Easy Side Braids and a Red Bandana: Speaking of super fly bandana styles, what better day to rock a red and white bandana than on Independence Day? Bethany also demonstrates a very easy face-framing style to top off your red, white and blue outfit. (via Bethany Mota)
Going for a Swim
8. 3 No-Heat Styles for Wet Hair: Knotted, chlorine-y hair is so not glamorous. Give your head a good rinse after some pool time, add argan oil and then style the wet hair with one of these ‘dos. Now you’re all ready to hit the pool bar. (via Belinda Selene)
At the Ball Park
9. Baseball Cap Hairstyles: Tired of the standard pony-through-the-back-of-the-hat look? Try out a curled low pony, French braid or messy bun, and your chances of ending up on the Jumbotron will double ;) (via Gillian Bower)
Pool Day for Curly Hair
10. Protection from Chlorine and Salt: Make sure you’re always protecting your naturally curly hair before swimming. Start with wet hair, condition, condition, condition and then add a hair oil (DIY recipe here!) to protect your locks from water damage. (via Naptural85)
11. 4 Summer Looks for Naturally Curly Hair: A sunny afternoon casually roasting hot dogs and playing cornhole means you don’t have to go overboard on style. Enjoy the easy, breezy backyard parties of summer with these four hairstyles that get your curly hair off your neck. (via RisasRizos)
12. Messy Bun: Even when you’re all set to go with your vacation mani-pedi and spray tan, it’s hard to feel glam on the plane when your neck pillow keeps ruining your hair. Create the perfect messy bun so that you will not live to regret the security photo they take at passport control. (via Kristen Sarah)
Cruising in a Convertible
13. Windy Day Hairstyles: Road trip with the top down? We’re in! But our hair is alllllll over the place. Get it under control with one of these styles, throw on your coolest pair of shades and hit the road. (via Luna Rose)
Which hairstyles are you going to rock on your summer adventures? Shout out your favorites in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.