WATCH: 13 Easy Hair Tutorials for Every Summer Activity
So you’ve mastered your everyday summer hairstyle and you’ve figured out how to beat the heat. But what about those days when you plan on doing more than just looking awesome? Fortunately, the savvy beauty vloggers on YouTube have some smart ideas to keep your ‘do in place for all those wet and wild activities you have lined up this summer. From your upcoming 3-day music festival to weekend beach adventures, these tutorials will keep you looking fresh so you can spend more time having fun and less time looking for a hair tie.
Beach Day for Curly Hair
2. 3 Easy Beach Day Styles: These three styles will keep your curly locks pinned back for those breezy days on the water. Plus they take almost no time to do, so they’re still lazy girl approved. (via tribecalledcurl)
Selfies at the Beach
3. 3 Quick + Easy Beach Hairstyles: Hey, sometimes you just want a day of lounging in the sun, drinking a refreshing beverage and snapping some cute pics with your friends. Ditch the standard ponytail and go a little more polished with these ‘dos. (via Courtney Lundquist)
Hitting up a Festival
4. Quick + Easy Half-Up ‘Do: We think Zoella’s right on the nose here. Day one of a festival is pretty much the only day you’re going to have clean hair, so keep it loose but off your face with this super simple style. Then go crazy with flower crowns and buns once it starts getting greasier. (via Zoella)
Going on a Camping Trip
5. Simple, Natural Camping Hair: Don’t bother trying to bring every single hair product when you go camping because you’ll have to carry it all on your back. This video goes over how to put just the essentials to use when you can’t shower for a few days. Think: dry shampoo, hairbands, bobby pins, barrettes and hair wraps. (via TypeF)
6. 1-Minute Bandana Hairstyles: Picnicking is already a super adorable date idea, so make sure you’re looking your cutest with one of these six styles that keep your hair off your face and lookin’ fly. (via Cute Girls Hairstyles)
4th of July Parties
7. Easy Side Braids and a Red Bandana: Speaking of super fly bandana styles, what better day to rock a red and white bandana than on Independence Day? Bethany also demonstrates a very easy face-framing style to top off your red, white and blue outfit. (via Bethany Mota)
Going for a Swim
8. 3 No-Heat Styles for Wet Hair: Knotted, chlorine-y hair is so not glamorous. Give your head a good rinse after some pool time, add argan oil and then style the wet hair with one of these ‘dos. Now you’re all ready to hit the pool bar. (via Belinda Selene)
At the Ball Park
9. Baseball Cap Hairstyles: Tired of the standard pony-through-the-back-of-the-hat look? Try out a curled low pony, French braid or messy bun, and your chances of ending up on the Jumbotron will double ;) (via Gillian Bower)
Pool Day for Curly Hair
10. Protection from Chlorine and Salt: Make sure you’re always protecting your naturally curly hair before swimming. Start with wet hair, condition, condition, condition and then add a hair oil (DIY recipe here!) to protect your locks from water damage. (via Naptural85)
11. 4 Summer Looks for Naturally Curly Hair: A sunny afternoon casually roasting hot dogs and playing cornhole means you don’t have to go overboard on style. Enjoy the easy, breezy backyard parties of summer with these four hairstyles that get your curly hair off your neck. (via RisasRizos)
12. Messy Bun: Even when you’re all set to go with your vacation mani-pedi and spray tan, it’s hard to feel glam on the plane when your neck pillow keeps ruining your hair. Create the perfect messy bun so that you will not live to regret the security photo they take at passport control. (via Kristen Sarah)
Cruising in a Convertible
13. Windy Day Hairstyles: Road trip with the top down? We’re in! But our hair is alllllll over the place. Get it under control with one of these styles, throw on your coolest pair of shades and hit the road. (via Luna Rose)
Which hairstyles are you going to rock on your summer adventures? Shout out your favorites in the comments!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.