The BritList: The Love Hurts Breakup Kit, Cronuts + More
We have to admit, we’re in full vacation mode here at Brit HQ. From all sorts of clever camping gadgets to beachy bleached t-shirts, we can’t wait to spend a weekend soaking up some sunshine. But, before we hit the road, it’s time to serve up a bit of pre-weekend silliness for all of you. Happy BritList day!
1. Cronuts: We have yet to try one, but New York seems to being nuts for cronuts! A cronut is a croissant donut hybrid, filled with flaky layered goodness and topped with sugar-filled frosting. Yum.
2. Vino2Go Wine Tumbler: Need a glass of wine to-go? And don’t want to subject your favorite water bottle to a water bottle’s version of red wine teeth?
5. Knitting Basket Cake: Now those are some serious fondant skills! Baking meets knitting, in a pretty adorable way.
6. Love Hurts: Did you go through a recent breakup? Arm yourself with the ultimate cure for heartbreak: the Love Hurts kit. The kit includes vodka, an awesome breakup mix, chocolate, tissues, pain killers (in the form of conversation hearts that say things like “Love Hurts”), bubble bath, matches, and a candle.
7. Mac G5 Grill: Now this is a hack we can get behind. This clever hacker turned an old G5 into a grill!
8. The Bacon Weave Taco: Um, weaving bacon? Wow. Maybe a full-on bacon quilt is next?
10. Typography Cake: Another cake! This time, a top secret celebratory message is contained inside. Yay!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)