11 Tiramisu-Inspired Dessert Recipes Even a Novice Baker Can Handle
The distinct flavors of strong espresso, soft and creamy mascarpone cream, fluffy ladyfinger biscuits and a generous dusting of cocoa powder are just a few reasons tiramisu is still a crowd favorite. But making a classic tiramisu cake at home can be a daunting process, and it takes both time and finesse to get it just right. A single misstep can leave you with a less than desirable finished product — after hours in the kitchen, that can be so discouraging. Before you throw in the towel, here are 11 tiramisu-inspired desserts that are delicious and super easy to put together.
1. Tiramisu Dip: Now you can have Tiramisu any time you want in only five minutes. Just put mascarpone cheese, cream, sugar and coffee flavored liqueur in a blender and serve with ladyfingers for dipping. (via Port and Fin)
2. Tiramisu Layer Cake: Standard yellow cake mix is layered with espresso-soaked ladyfingers and covered in mascarpone frosting in this dessert that packs in the classic flavors with a modern twist. (via Audrey’s)
4. Baked Tiramisu French Toast: Made with thick challah slices, this epic french toast only takes five minutes to throw together, and it will keep in the refrigerator through the weekend. (via Floating Kitchen)
6. Tiramisu Mini Cupcakes: These tiny beauties are filled with espresso pastry cream, then topped with swiss meringue buttercream frosting and a single chocolate-covered espresso bean. This is one dessert that definitely looks every bit as good as it tastes. (via B. Sweet Dessert Boutique)
7. Baked Tiramisu Donuts: What better way is there to start your day than with a tiramisu donut (or two)? This one’s guilt-free, since it’s baked and uses cottage cheese in the mix. (via Food Done Light)
8. Tiramisu Cheesecake: This is a great make-ahead option. Thanks to a few simple adjustments (like using cream cheese and Nilla wafers instead of mascarpone and ladyfingers), getting your tiramisu fix is easier than ever. (via Cook With Manali),
9. Beignets Tiramisu: To give your dessert a southern spin, fry up a batch of beignets and cover the whole thing in powdered sugar. Those thick layers of chocolate ganache don’t hurt either. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Chocolate Kahlua Tiramisu: This easy recipe omits the ladyfinger biscuits and mascarpone cheese altogether, but don’t worry — the coffee and chocolate flavors you love are still there. (via G’day Soufflé)
Are you a tiramisu fanatic? Try out one of these recipes and drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you!