10 Non-Traditional Wedding Send-Off Ideas
If there’s one thing that makes for a memorable wedding, it’s the details. From your something blue and table cards to centerpieces and floral arrangements, it’s a lot of work to get everything right — and rightly so. A wedding is one of the most important events in a gal’s life! We’re here to help you cross one small (but major!) detail off your checklist: the wedding exit. Will you have your guests toss rice to send you off? Or will you go with something a little more unique? If you’re all about changing it up, check out these 11 non-traditional ways to send off the happy couple.
2. Bubbles: Bring out your inner child by having your guests blow bubbles upon your exit. (via Getty)
3. Sparklers: Who says you actually need to throw something to celebrate the newlyweds? This couple wanted their guests to hold sparklers to light the way to their new life together. (via Getty)
4. Glow Sticks: Throwing a nighttime affair? You’re going to need some lights. Get the party started with some glow sticks that simultaneously light the couple’s exit path. (via Getty)
5. Petals: What could be more romantic than walking out in a shower of petals? Just ask Jon Snow. (via Getty)
6. Confetti Push-Pops ($3+): Colorful, mixed media confetti is all well and good, but what we’re really obsessing over are these plastic push-pops that hold it. And afterwards, your guests can keep the containers and make their own DIY pop treats.
7. Paper Planes ($225 for 225): We’re loving these neutral paper planes, but you can go with any color that fits your scheme. Stamp your initials on each plane for a unique and personalized touch. We envision an origami party in your near future…
8.Heart-Shaped Plantable Confetti($10 for 350 pieces):Heart-shaped anything is completely appropriate for an event celebrating love. This adorable confetti is handmade with wildflower seeds inside to mark where your love actually bloomed!
9. Confetti: Nothing says a party without a little confetti. You could go with neutrals or metallics, but you know what we always say: The more color, the better! (via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Rachel Sumner)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)