It’s amazing how much we can collect in our craft boxes. String, sequins, bits of ribbon and glitter can usually be found at the bottom of just about every single one. It’s tempting to get organized, cleaning it all out in favor of the pretty paper and patterned scissors. But before you toss all the random bits and pieces (we’re looking at you, googly eyes), gather up all that ribbon for these 15 DIYs.
1. Chain Link and Ribbon Bracelet: Thread a ribbon through a chain and rock this bracelet. You can get seriously creative with the ribbons on this one. (via Teen Vogue)
2. Ribbon Chandeliers: Tie ribbon and fishing line onto hoops for a wow-worthy focal point at your party. How can you pass up all that color opportunity? Exactly, you can’t. (via Wedding Chicks)
3. DIY Ribbon Rings: For ribbon fanatics, make these pretty little bows to add a feminine touch to any outfit. We think these are simply bow-tastic! (via Something Turquoise)
4. DIY Dip Dye Ribbons: Ribbons are an essential part of any gift. Make yours unique with this dip dye project and they’ll be too pretty to open. (via Ruffled)
5. Neon Ribbon Tape: No need to buy more washi tape. Use some ribbon and double stick tape to create a patterned equivalent. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Ribbon Place Cards: Use these bright place cards to create a personalized seat for your guests. Don’t be surprised if they get framed after dinner. (via Northstory)
7. DIY Solar Lighted Garland: Colorize your outdoor lights with floral ribbons to make your outdoor space even brighter. Excuse us while we go add this to our back porches. (via My So Called Crafty Life)
8. DIY Summer Romper: There is no pattern required for this super summery romper. So grab some ribbon and get sewing! (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Ribbon Pillow: A little fabric adhesive and some contrasting bits of ribbon can give you a gorgeous pillow that you’ll be proud to add to any bed or couch. (via Centsational Girl)
10. Ribbon Cupcake Toppers: Raid your ribbon box and turn all those bits and pieces into perfect cupcake toppers. Because mini cakes require mini banners. (via Cassandra Monroe)
11. DIY Ribbon Statement Necklaces: Turn those extra nuts and bolts into a fashion statement with a colorful ribbon. When they ask for the name of your jeweler, just point ’em to us! (via Brit + Co)
12. Baby Ribbon Mobile ($59+): While it would be so easy to buy it, why not DIY this fluttery ribbon mobile! Then you can pick your little love’s favorite colors.
13. DIY Ribbon Tie Basket: Display your perfumes and lotions in this gorgeous DIY basket tied with ribbons. Seriously, this would look fab against the mirror on your vanity. (via Craft A Doodle Doo)
14. DIY Ribbon Keychain: Always losing your keys? Make them easier to spot in the dark depths of your purse with a bright ribbon keychain. (via My So Called Crafty Life)
15. Ribboned Pumpkin Craft: Paint, ribbon and glue will have your pumpkins looking fine. A perfect fall craft for kids! (via Marty’s Musings)
What is your favorite ribbon crafting project? We’re dying to know so comment below!