12 Weekender Bags for a Super Chic Getaway
The holidays have come to a close, which means it’s back to the grind for most… unless you’ve got a weekend getaway planned. We’ve already given you some inspirational ideas for epic cabin getaways (not to mention epic travel selfies), so now it’s time to think about your luggage. Compact and practical, organized and adorable, the aptly named weekender bag is just the ticket for two or three days worth of outfits. So leave the big suitcase in the closet and check out our favorite weekender styles.
1. Kate Spade Saturday Weekender Bag ($180): This bag is the holy grail of weekender bags. It has a zippered bottom compartment for shoes, a removable phone and trinkets sleeve, two interior drawstring pockets and it’s cute to boot. Especially if you design your own.
2. A Feel for Zeal Weekender Bag ($70): This canvas bag lets you play with pattern while still rocking grown-up colors.
3. BAGGU Weekend Bag ($72): Are you a “toss it all in and iron when you get there” type of packer? The 26″ BAGGU gives you plenty of room in a bright poppy hue.
5. Rolling Hills Weekender ($395): This bag was built for a color blocking queen, from its cotton canvas and leather body to the candy striper lining. As an added plus, it’s all handmade in the USA.
8. Cork and Denim Weekender Bag ($189+): There are statement pieces, and then there are STATEMENT pieces. Wear your maker status wherever you go with this very unique and very sustainable bag, made of real cork and denim.
10. Cleobella Greta Weekender ($199): Suddenly have the urge to book a flight to Costa Rica? It probably has something to do with this tangerine color and animal-inspired print.
11. LeSportsac Large Weekender ($81+): You can never go wrong with stripes, as this taffy-colored nylon weekender proves. And for those who like to wear their hearts on their sleeves, the Happy Hearts print is available at full price.
12. Jack Wills Talford Duffel ($64): We’re swooning over this bag, which has offers chic polka dots at such a low price. Excuse us while we book a getaway, just to show off this “fabulously British” luggage.
What’s it gonna be — polka dots, zig zags or luscious leather? Share your favorite weekender styles in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!