12 Weekender Bags for a Super Chic Getaway
The holidays have come to a close, which means it’s back to the grind for most… unless you’ve got a weekend getaway planned. We’ve already given you some inspirational ideas for epic cabin getaways (not to mention epic travel selfies), so now it’s time to think about your luggage. Compact and practical, organized and adorable, the aptly named weekender bag is just the ticket for two or three days worth of outfits. So leave the big suitcase in the closet and check out our favorite weekender styles.
1. Kate Spade Saturday Weekender Bag ($180): This bag is the holy grail of weekender bags. It has a zippered bottom compartment for shoes, a removable phone and trinkets sleeve, two interior drawstring pockets and it’s cute to boot. Especially if you design your own.
2. A Feel for Zeal Weekender Bag ($70): This canvas bag lets you play with pattern while still rocking grown-up colors.
3. BAGGU Weekend Bag ($72): Are you a “toss it all in and iron when you get there” type of packer? The 26″ BAGGU gives you plenty of room in a bright poppy hue.
5. Rolling Hills Weekender ($395): This bag was built for a color blocking queen, from its cotton canvas and leather body to the candy striper lining. As an added plus, it’s all handmade in the USA.
8. Cork and Denim Weekender Bag ($189+): There are statement pieces, and then there are STATEMENT pieces. Wear your maker status wherever you go with this very unique and very sustainable bag, made of real cork and denim.
10. Cleobella Greta Weekender ($199): Suddenly have the urge to book a flight to Costa Rica? It probably has something to do with this tangerine color and animal-inspired print.
11. LeSportsac Large Weekender ($81+): You can never go wrong with stripes, as this taffy-colored nylon weekender proves. And for those who like to wear their hearts on their sleeves, the Happy Hearts print is available at full price.
12. Jack Wills Talford Duffel ($64): We’re swooning over this bag, which has offers chic polka dots at such a low price. Excuse us while we book a getaway, just to show off this “fabulously British” luggage.
What’s it gonna be — polka dots, zig zags or luscious leather? Share your favorite weekender styles in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.