Our 10 Favorite Naughty Holiday Cocktails
While we love all the yummy food and gorgeous decor that comes with the holiday season, let’s get serious for a minute. The holidays are all about excuses to make cocktails that include things like chocolate vodka, edible gold stars, peppermint Kahlua, and, obviously, whipped cream vodka. As we delve into the thick of holiday cocktail-making season, let us take a stroll down memory lane and sip on some of our favorite cocktails from the past.
1. Chai Hot Toddy: First up, this spicy concoction is rich, indulgent, and gives you a buzz along with your… buzz ;) Feeling lazy? You can totally make this with pre-made chai, just be careful with how much sugar you add.
2. Peppermint Pattie White Russian: Over the holidays, the dude would definitely mix up a peppermint pattie white russian, don’t you think?
4. S’moretini: We definitely favor classic s’mores over liquid ones, but this is a fun way to bring a campfire classic to the bar. The burnt marshmallows seal the deal.
5. Cranberry Pear Ginger Fizz: This would be a perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving cocktail hour — you’re having one of those, right?
6. Apple Cider Sidecar: Speaking of fall flavors, this apple cider sidecar — ‘scuse us, apple cide-car — is a great way to get your apple fix without going to town on a piece of pie.
7. The 24 Carat Champagne Cocktail: Did you even know that edible gold stars exist? Can you think of a better thing to dip your a champagne flute in? No. That’s what we thought.
8. Orange Ginger Rum Punch: Okay, we know those cloves look kind of like bugs but you have to trust us when we tell you just how delicious this punch is. It would add a yummy punch of citrus to any holiday get-together.
9. Spike Your Starbucks: Three cheers for spiked Starbucks hacks! All of these start with Starbucks Via instant coffee and magically transform into spiked version of classic Starbucks holiday drinks including the totally delicious Gingerbread Latte.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)